India Vs West Indies (Eden Test- Day 3): Statistical Highlights
Kolkata: Statistical highlights of the third day`s play in the second cricket Test between India and the West Indies on Wednesday.
• Adrian Barath (62 off 105 balls) has registered his third fifty in Tests - his second against India. In June this year, he had posted 64 against India at Kingston.
• Shivnarine Chanderpaul (2012 runs at an average of 67.06 in 23 Tests) became the fourth batsman to aggregate 2,000 runs or more against India in Test Cricket. He has joined West Indian, Clive Lloyd - 2344 (ave.58.60) in 28 Tests, Pakistan`s Javed Miandad - 2228 (ave.67.51) in 28 and Australia`s Ricky Ponting - 2011 (ave.47.88) in 25.
• Chanderpaul is averaging 52.15 as number five batsman - 4,850 runs, including 13 centuries and 25 fifties.
• Umesh Yadav (3/23) has registered his best bowling figures in Tests, eclipsing the 2 for 36 against West Indies at Feroz Shah Kotla on debut.
• India have recorded a first innings lead of 478 – their second highest in Tests - the highest being 492 against Bangladesh at Mirpur in 2006. India (610/3d) had defeated Bangladesh (118 & 253) by an innings and 239 runs.
• Pragyan Ojha (11 wickets at 19.09 runs apiece) and Ravichandran Ashwin (11 wickets at 20.72 apiece) are the top wicket-takers in the current series.
• Pragyan Ojha (4/64) has recorded his second best bowling performance in Tests - his career-best is 6 for 72 at Feroz Shah Kotla in the first Test of the current rubber.
• Ojha, playing in his 13th Test, has completed 50 Test wickets - 53 at an average of 35.98. Anil Kumble took 10 Tests to reach the landmark, followed by Narendra Hirwani 11, Harbhajan Singh 11, Subhash Gupte 12, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar 12 and Erapalli Prasanna 12.
• Kirk Edwards (60 off 128 balls) has posted his first Test fifty against India - his second in Tests.
• Edwards` excellent knock is his second highest against India in Tests - his highest being 110 at Roseau in July 2011.
• Edwards took his tally to 124 at an average of 31.00 in the current series, including a fifty.
• Edwards` aforesaid run-aggregate is the second highest for West Indies in the current series, next only to Shivnarine Chanderpaul`s 190 at an average of 63.33.
• West Indies (153) have recorded their lowest total against India at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. The said total is their third lowest in India, behind the 127 at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi in 1987-88 and 151 at Chepauk, Chennai in 1978-79.
• Darren Bravo (38 not out) has posted his highest innings in India, obliterating the 30 in the first innings of the Kolkata Test.
• For the fifth time in a Test match, India have enforced a follow on against West Indies - the first four occasions were Kingston, 1970-71, Delhi 1978-79, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, 2002-03 and Gros Islet 2006. India managed to win just one Test when they had enforced a follow-on - by an innings and 112 runs at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai in 2002-03.
• For the second time, India have enforced a follow-on at Eden Gardens, Kolkata - the first occasion was against England in 1992-93.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners