India will bounce back in Asia Cup: Srikkanth
Chennai: The disastrous tour of Australia not withstanding, Indian cricket team was capable of bouncing back in the ongoing Asia Cup, feels Selection Committee Chairman Krishnamachari Srikkanth.
"We have to accept the fact that cricket is a game, sometimes there are ups, some times there are downs. But I am sure we will always come back," Srikkanth said on Monday.
Talking to the reporters on the sidelines of the launch of an online training course on employability – jointly brought out by his Sun Online India Private Limited and Micro Small Medium Enterprises Development Institute of the Union Government -- Srikkanth said the ongoing four-nation Asia Cup in Bangladesh was very important for the Indian cricket.
"This particular tournament is an important one as far as Indian cricket is concerned. In the Indian cricketing history itself we have always bounced back and done well. I am sure the Indians will bounce back," he said.
Asked if a win against Pakistan in the ongoing series will change the mood of the Indian cricket fans, who are left distraught by the poor show Down Under, Srikkanth replied in affirmative.
"Definitely yes, Asia cup is an important tournament and as you all know a prestigious trophy. I think any win will definitely boost the morale of cricket in any part of the world including India and I am sure Indian team will do well."
India will start it`s Asia Cup campaign tomorrow against Sri Lanka and are scheduled to meet Bangladesh on March 16, before playing arch rivals Pakistan on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP