India will certainly miss Gambhir`s experience, feels Akram
London: Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram feels that India will miss the experience of Gautam Gambhir at the top of the order ahead of their five-match ODI series here.
"India are certainly going to miss Gambhir in the ODIs. He has performed really well in the last two years. His injury (blurred eyesight after a head injury) makes matters worse for India who are already playing without Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh and Zaheer Khan," Akram told MobileESPN from London yesterday.
Akram feels that Gambhir has been a bit unlucky regarding injuries during the current tour.
"Gautam has been a bit unfortunate on this tour. He injured his elbow in the first Test at the Lord`s and before he could completely recover, this injury came his way. You can`t do much about injuries."
Akram also feels that Mahendra Singh Dhoni is justified in asking for the use of rotation policy.
"It`s high time the BCCI did something about rotating players to avert the injury crisis the team is facing right now. Dhoni is one hundred per cent right," opined Akram.
The legendary left-arm pacer mentioned in no uncertain terms that it`s time that BCCI does something in order to ensure that Indian players get adequate rest.
"Indian players are playing cricket round the year and they need adequate rest to recharge their batteries. But that is not happening. I think the time has come for the BCCI to give a serious thought to it," Akram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks