Indian cricketers keen on Pakistan Super League?
Islamabad: An official from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has claimed four Indian players have submitted applications to participate in their upcoming domestic Twenty tournament, the Pakistan Super League (PSL). The PSL looks set to kick off from March 26 at two different venues in Pakistan, possibly Lahore and Karachi, the Express Tribune reports.
Both India and Bangladesh have refused to send their teams to Pakistan for bilateral series, but the official claimed top cricketers from both the countries are keen to play in the PSL. While refusing to share the names of those foreign players interested in the league, the PCB official confirmed that the interest was there. The official said the Bangladesh board doesn’t want to send its national team to Pakistan but some top Bangladesh players has contacted them to become a part of the PSL. The official added that four Indian players are also interested in playing and have already submitted their applications to their board and their Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises to allow them to take part.
The official added that a maximum of 30 foreign players would be bought to become part of the five-team event with each franchise having the luxury of six players out of which only four can be part of the playing-XI. The rest of the squad, and playing-XI, will comprise local players. The official stressed that only top players will be brought, as they want to ensure the standard of the league. The official added that the PSL has been kept short to ensure that we attract maximum players and our competition isn’t affected largely due to the IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India