Indian cricketers keen on Pakistan Super League?
Islamabad: An official from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has claimed four Indian players have submitted applications to participate in their upcoming domestic Twenty tournament, the Pakistan Super League (PSL). The PSL looks set to kick off from March 26 at two different venues in Pakistan, possibly Lahore and Karachi, the Express Tribune reports.
Both India and Bangladesh have refused to send their teams to Pakistan for bilateral series, but the official claimed top cricketers from both the countries are keen to play in the PSL. While refusing to share the names of those foreign players interested in the league, the PCB official confirmed that the interest was there. The official said the Bangladesh board doesn’t want to send its national team to Pakistan but some top Bangladesh players has contacted them to become a part of the PSL. The official added that four Indian players are also interested in playing and have already submitted their applications to their board and their Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises to allow them to take part.
The official added that a maximum of 30 foreign players would be bought to become part of the five-team event with each franchise having the luxury of six players out of which only four can be part of the playing-XI. The rest of the squad, and playing-XI, will comprise local players. The official stressed that only top players will be brought, as they want to ensure the standard of the league. The official added that the PSL has been kept short to ensure that we attract maximum players and our competition isn’t affected largely due to the IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days