Indian eves beat Bangladesh by 16 runs in 1st T20 Int`l
Cox`s Bazar: Skipper Mithali Raj scored a half-century as Indian women`s team beat hosts Bangladesh by 16 runs in the 1st T20 International here on Sunday starting their preparations for ICC Women`s World T20 tournament in right earnest.
Opting to bat, India scored 101 for one in 20 overs with Mithali Raj scoring an unbeaten 55 and Poonam Raut stroked 42 as the duo added 98 runs for the unbroken second wicket stand.
Mithali hit four boundaries in his 64-ball knock while Raut had two fours in 46 balls.
In reply, Bangladesh were skittled out for 85 in 20 overs with Rumana Ahmed scoring 21. Left-arm spinner Sravanthi Naidu (4/9 in 3 overs) was the pick of the bowlers while veteran seamer Jhulan Goswami (2/14) and spinner Gouher Sultana (2/11). India lead three-match series 1-0.
Brief Scores: India Women 101/1 in 20 overs (Mithali Raj 55 no, Poonam Raut 42)
Bangladesh 85 in 20 overs (Rumana Ahmed 21, Sravanthi Naidu 4/9). Indian eves won by 16 runs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM