Indian eves beat Bangladesh by 16 runs in 1st T20 Int`l
Cox`s Bazar: Skipper Mithali Raj scored a half-century as Indian women`s team beat hosts Bangladesh by 16 runs in the 1st T20 International here on Sunday starting their preparations for ICC Women`s World T20 tournament in right earnest.
Opting to bat, India scored 101 for one in 20 overs with Mithali Raj scoring an unbeaten 55 and Poonam Raut stroked 42 as the duo added 98 runs for the unbroken second wicket stand.
Mithali hit four boundaries in his 64-ball knock while Raut had two fours in 46 balls.
In reply, Bangladesh were skittled out for 85 in 20 overs with Rumana Ahmed scoring 21. Left-arm spinner Sravanthi Naidu (4/9 in 3 overs) was the pick of the bowlers while veteran seamer Jhulan Goswami (2/14) and spinner Gouher Sultana (2/11). India lead three-match series 1-0.
Brief Scores: India Women 101/1 in 20 overs (Mithali Raj 55 no, Poonam Raut 42)
Bangladesh 85 in 20 overs (Rumana Ahmed 21, Sravanthi Naidu 4/9). Indian eves won by 16 runs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog