Indian eves beat Bangladesh by 16 runs in 1st T20 Int`l
Cox`s Bazar: Skipper Mithali Raj scored a half-century as Indian women`s team beat hosts Bangladesh by 16 runs in the 1st T20 International here on Sunday starting their preparations for ICC Women`s World T20 tournament in right earnest.
Opting to bat, India scored 101 for one in 20 overs with Mithali Raj scoring an unbeaten 55 and Poonam Raut stroked 42 as the duo added 98 runs for the unbroken second wicket stand.
Mithali hit four boundaries in his 64-ball knock while Raut had two fours in 46 balls.
In reply, Bangladesh were skittled out for 85 in 20 overs with Rumana Ahmed scoring 21. Left-arm spinner Sravanthi Naidu (4/9 in 3 overs) was the pick of the bowlers while veteran seamer Jhulan Goswami (2/14) and spinner Gouher Sultana (2/11). India lead three-match series 1-0.
Brief Scores: India Women 101/1 in 20 overs (Mithali Raj 55 no, Poonam Raut 42)
Bangladesh 85 in 20 overs (Rumana Ahmed 21, Sravanthi Naidu 4/9). Indian eves won by 16 runs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics