Indian eves lose by 25 runs against NZ
Bristol: A sloppy batting display saw Indian eves suffer a 25-run defeat against New Zealand in the NatWest Women`s T20 Quadrangular Series on Saturday.
Invited to bat, New Zealand posted a modest 125 in their stipulated 20 overs, courtesy Elizabeth Perry, who cracked an unbeaten 41-ball 48 to anchor the innings.
Chasing 126 to win, Indian batting came a cropper and were restricted to 100 for seven in 20 overs as they succumbed to their second consecutive loss of the tournament.
Skipper Jhulan Goswami was the pick of the bowlers, claiming two wickets for 18 runs, while S Pradhan, A Sharma and G Sultana took one each.
But India`s chase got off to a pathetic start and they kept losing wickets at regular intervals that allowed the Kiwis to run away with the match.
Perry hit four boundaries in her sparkling innings, while KJ Martin (29) and N J Browne (22) were the other notable contributors.
But India couldn`t produce similar partnership and barring Mithali Raj (24), A Sharma (26), V Krishnamurty (13) and P Raut (11) none could even reach double digit.
Indian eves, who had suffered defeat in their first match against Australia, will now take on England at County Ground in Taunton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks