Indian eves lose fourth ODI as England level series 2-2
Truro (Cornwall): England women`s team defeated India by three wickets in the fourth cricket ODI to level the five-match series 2-2.
Having lost the first two ODIs, English women made a fabulous comeback winning back to back matches.
The Indian batswomen failed once again as they could score only 173 for nine courtesy skipper Mithali Raj`s 58 and Harmanpreet Kaur`s 55. Apart from these two, only Poonam Raut (27) got a significant score as the other Indian players failed to reach double digits.
The hosts won the match with an over to spare as Sarah Taylor (43) and Jenny Gunn (36 no) played a major part in ensuring that they reach home safely. For India, Nagarjan Niranjana (3/24) and Ekta Bist (2/43) bowled well.
Brief Scores: India 173/9 (M Raj 58, H Kaur 55, A Brindle 3/20). England 177/7 (S Taylor 58, J Gunn 55, N Niranjana 3/24). England won by 3 wkts. Series Score: 2-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani