Indian eves lose fourth ODI as England level series 2-2
Truro (Cornwall): England women`s team defeated India by three wickets in the fourth cricket ODI to level the five-match series 2-2.
Having lost the first two ODIs, English women made a fabulous comeback winning back to back matches.
The Indian batswomen failed once again as they could score only 173 for nine courtesy skipper Mithali Raj`s 58 and Harmanpreet Kaur`s 55. Apart from these two, only Poonam Raut (27) got a significant score as the other Indian players failed to reach double digits.
The hosts won the match with an over to spare as Sarah Taylor (43) and Jenny Gunn (36 no) played a major part in ensuring that they reach home safely. For India, Nagarjan Niranjana (3/24) and Ekta Bist (2/43) bowled well.
Brief Scores: India 173/9 (M Raj 58, H Kaur 55, A Brindle 3/20). England 177/7 (S Taylor 58, J Gunn 55, N Niranjana 3/24). England won by 3 wkts. Series Score: 2-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’