Indian eves lose third ODI against England by 3 wickets
Taunton: Indian eves` hopes of clinching the series in the third ODI were dashed as hosts England pulled one back with a three wicket victory, here on Thursday.
The five-match series stands at India leading 2-1 after the completion of third ODI.
Put into bat under difficult conditions, skipper Mithali Raj`s unbeaten 92 helped India reach a modest target of 173 for five. In reply, England struggled a bit towards end before reaching home with 16 balls to spare.
This was Mithali`s 35th half century in ODIs. With the pitch not exactly conducive for batting, Mithali scored his runs of 138 balls with four hits to the fence.
The Indian innings was based on two half century partnerships. First, it was 71 runs added for the fifth wicket with Reema Malhotra and an unbeaten 55 runs for the sixth wicket with gloveswoman Sulakshana Naik (24 no).
Indian bowlers struck early with Nagarjan Niranjana trapping Charlotte Edwards (7) leg before. However Tammy Beaumont (44) and Sarah Taylor (34) steadied the ship with a 58 run second wicket partnership.
Lydia Greenway (20) and Beaumont then added 35 runs for the third wicket. The clincher however was 40-run stand between Greenway and Aaran Brindle (40 no) which helped hosts in winning their first match of the series.
Brief Scores: India 173/5 (M Raj 92 no, S Naik 24 no).
England 177 for 7 in 47.2 overs (Aaran Brindle 40 no). England won by 3 wkts. India lead 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires