Indian eves to face Pakistan in Asia Cup T20 final
Guangzhou: Despite rain washing out the semi-final clash between India and Sri Lanka here on Tuesday, Indian eves advanced to the ACC Women`s Twenty20 Asia Cup final by the virtue of topping their pool.
Tuesday’s match was abandoned without a ball bowled at the Guanggong International Cricket Stadium.
This means that India will face Pakistan in the final on Wednesday.
Pakistan qualified for the final after defeating Bangladesh by six wickets in the second semifinal on Tuesday.
However, captain Mithali Raj and veteran fast bowler Jhulan Goswami will not be a part of the playing XI in the final as both of them have been ruled out of the tournament due to ankle injuries.
The Indian eves had earlier defeated Hong Kong, Thailand and Pakistan to finish on top of the standings with six points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city