Indian eves to face Pakistan in Asia Cup T20 final
Guangzhou: Despite rain washing out the semi-final clash between India and Sri Lanka here on Tuesday, Indian eves advanced to the ACC Women`s Twenty20 Asia Cup final by the virtue of topping their pool.
Tuesday’s match was abandoned without a ball bowled at the Guanggong International Cricket Stadium.
This means that India will face Pakistan in the final on Wednesday.
Pakistan qualified for the final after defeating Bangladesh by six wickets in the second semifinal on Tuesday.
However, captain Mithali Raj and veteran fast bowler Jhulan Goswami will not be a part of the playing XI in the final as both of them have been ruled out of the tournament due to ankle injuries.
The Indian eves had earlier defeated Hong Kong, Thailand and Pakistan to finish on top of the standings with six points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you