Indian eves to face Pakistan in Asia Cup T20 final
Guangzhou: Despite rain washing out the semi-final clash between India and Sri Lanka here on Tuesday, Indian eves advanced to the ACC Women`s Twenty20 Asia Cup final by the virtue of topping their pool.
Tuesday’s match was abandoned without a ball bowled at the Guanggong International Cricket Stadium.
This means that India will face Pakistan in the final on Wednesday.
Pakistan qualified for the final after defeating Bangladesh by six wickets in the second semifinal on Tuesday.
However, captain Mithali Raj and veteran fast bowler Jhulan Goswami will not be a part of the playing XI in the final as both of them have been ruled out of the tournament due to ankle injuries.
The Indian eves had earlier defeated Hong Kong, Thailand and Pakistan to finish on top of the standings with six points.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know