Indian eves whitewash Bangladesh, clinch ODI series 3-0
Ahmedabad: The Indian women`s cricket team rode on a disciplined bowling performance to register a 58-run victory over Bangladesh in the third and final One-day International and inflict a 3-0 whitewash on the visitors here on Friday.
Electing to bat, India were all out for a modest 154 in 48.3 overs, but they managed to defend it by bundling out the Bangladeshis for just 96 in 41.1 overs.
Poonam Yadav was the pick of the bowlers with figures of three for 15 from 10 overs. Swagatika Rath (2/15) and Ekta Bisht (2/19) chipped in with two each, while Rita Dhrub and Shubhlakshmi Sharma claimed a wicket apiece.
India did not have an ideal start as they lost their top- order early to be reeling at 67 for four at one stage.
But last match centurion, skipper Harmanpreet Kaur (29), in the able company of Swagatika (30), steadied the boat to take the team past 100-run mark.
The duo put together a steady 34-run stand for the fifth wicket.
Opener Smriti Mandhana (23) also chipped in with valuable runs.
For the visitors, Rumana Ahmed (4/20) was the most impressive.
Needing just 155 for a win, Bangladesh kept losing wickets at regular intervals to eventually fold for less than 100. Skipper Salma Khatun top-scored with 22 runs.
India Women: 154 all out in 48.3 overs (Swagatika Rath 30, Harmanpreet Kaur 29; Rumana Ahmed 4/20).
Bangladesh Women: 96 all out in 41.1 overs (Salma Khatun 22; Poonam Yadav 3/15, Swagatika Rath 2/15).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!