Indian eves whitewash Bangladesh, clinch ODI series 3-0
Ahmedabad: The Indian women`s cricket team rode on a disciplined bowling performance to register a 58-run victory over Bangladesh in the third and final One-day International and inflict a 3-0 whitewash on the visitors here on Friday.
Electing to bat, India were all out for a modest 154 in 48.3 overs, but they managed to defend it by bundling out the Bangladeshis for just 96 in 41.1 overs.
Poonam Yadav was the pick of the bowlers with figures of three for 15 from 10 overs. Swagatika Rath (2/15) and Ekta Bisht (2/19) chipped in with two each, while Rita Dhrub and Shubhlakshmi Sharma claimed a wicket apiece.
India did not have an ideal start as they lost their top- order early to be reeling at 67 for four at one stage.
But last match centurion, skipper Harmanpreet Kaur (29), in the able company of Swagatika (30), steadied the boat to take the team past 100-run mark.
The duo put together a steady 34-run stand for the fifth wicket.
Opener Smriti Mandhana (23) also chipped in with valuable runs.
For the visitors, Rumana Ahmed (4/20) was the most impressive.
Needing just 155 for a win, Bangladesh kept losing wickets at regular intervals to eventually fold for less than 100. Skipper Salma Khatun top-scored with 22 runs.
India Women: 154 all out in 48.3 overs (Swagatika Rath 30, Harmanpreet Kaur 29; Rumana Ahmed 4/20).
Bangladesh Women: 96 all out in 41.1 overs (Salma Khatun 22; Poonam Yadav 3/15, Swagatika Rath 2/15).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow