`Rave party` case: South African cricketer Parnell questioned
Mumbai: South African cricketer Wayne Parnell, out on bail in connection with a `rave party` case, was questioned on Wednesday for over three hours in a police station in suburban Juhu.
Keeping with a Special NDPS Court`s order, he arrived at the police station at about 12.30 PM and his questioning lasted for over three hours, an official said.
"Parnell`s explanation on the questions was recorded," the official, said adding the cricketer was accompanied by his South African lawyer, besides a local counsel.
The 23-year-old, who has played in IPL, surrendered before the Court on Monday, after which he was placed under arrest and subsequently granted bail for Rs 10,000.
Police had sought his custody but the Court dismissed their plea. The Court asked the cricketer to appear before the police so that his statement could be recorded in the last year`s matter which related to suspected consumption of drugs at a `rave party`. Parnell was accused of consuming drugs.
Last month, the Court had given a copy of the chargesheet filed in the case to all other accused, including IPL cricketer Rahul Sharma and TV actor-couple Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa. Police had on March 6 filed the chargesheet after which the Court had summoned all accused.
Police had in May raided a hotel in Juhu, where drugs were allegedly being consumed at a party, and rounded up 86 persons. Parnell was among the people accused of consuming drugs.
They filed a 1,200-page chargesheet against 86 people while 35 others, mostly foreigners, were shown as wanted. Police are likely to file a supplementary chargesheet by June 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city