Dhoni is the best finisher in the game right now: David Miller
Mohali: Having played one of the most destructive knocks in the ongoing Indian Premier League, Kings XI Punjab`s David Miller says Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the "best finisher" in international cricket at the moment.
"M S Dhoni has shown how good he really is over the last couple of years and he is probably the best in that regards right now," Miller, who smashed 101 off a mere 38 balls against Royal Challengers Bangalore in this IPL, said.
According to the 23-year-old South African, the ongoing sixth edition of the T20 league is the turning point of his career.
"Yes, definitely. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to play for the franchise. For me personally, I`ve really enjoyed batting on the Indian wickets. It`s a very different experience from what I`ve had back home in South Africa and you learn so much along the way.
"In 2011 I didn`t get a game and the last year I only got six games. In IPL only four overseas players can play at a time," he told the IPL website.
Miller said former South Africa all-rounder Lance Klusener has played an "immense" role in his development as a finisher.
"I`ve been fortunate to have Lance Klusener as my coach since the last season and he has played an immense part in nurturing the finishing aspect of batting. He`s just helped me a lot with my confidence.
"Also, as I have been playing professional cricket I have learnt a lot from the ex-players, trying to gather all the information and using it in my game. While chasing, there are these couple of things that I do.
"I`ve realised that even at the end of the innings, you`ve got more time that you think. Out there in the middle everyone sort of rushes and there`s a lot of pressure around you. That`s when you need to calm yourself down and believe that you have enough time on your hands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Assam floods: CM Sarbananda Sonowal sends ministers to districts
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- Sensex adds to gains for 2nd day, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday