Dhoni is the best finisher in the game right now: David Miller
Mohali: Having played one of the most destructive knocks in the ongoing Indian Premier League, Kings XI Punjab`s David Miller says Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the "best finisher" in international cricket at the moment.
"M S Dhoni has shown how good he really is over the last couple of years and he is probably the best in that regards right now," Miller, who smashed 101 off a mere 38 balls against Royal Challengers Bangalore in this IPL, said.
According to the 23-year-old South African, the ongoing sixth edition of the T20 league is the turning point of his career.
"Yes, definitely. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to play for the franchise. For me personally, I`ve really enjoyed batting on the Indian wickets. It`s a very different experience from what I`ve had back home in South Africa and you learn so much along the way.
"In 2011 I didn`t get a game and the last year I only got six games. In IPL only four overseas players can play at a time," he told the IPL website.
Miller said former South Africa all-rounder Lance Klusener has played an "immense" role in his development as a finisher.
"I`ve been fortunate to have Lance Klusener as my coach since the last season and he has played an immense part in nurturing the finishing aspect of batting. He`s just helped me a lot with my confidence.
"Also, as I have been playing professional cricket I have learnt a lot from the ex-players, trying to gather all the information and using it in my game. While chasing, there are these couple of things that I do.
"I`ve realised that even at the end of the innings, you`ve got more time that you think. Out there in the middle everyone sort of rushes and there`s a lot of pressure around you. That`s when you need to calm yourself down and believe that you have enough time on your hands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak