I am probably scared of bowling to M S: Laughlin
Jaipur: He doesn`t have to bowl to Mahendra Singh Dhoni in a match but Chennai Super Kings pacer Ben Laughlin says he is "scared" of bowling to his skipper even in the nets.
"I am probably scared of bowling to MS the most in the nets, but influence wise the coach has been good," the Australian said when asked about who had influenced him the most.
He added: "My father back home has had a big part to play and all the coaches along the way have been great, but over here, it is probably just challenging to bowl to MS."
The year has been a good one for Laughlin as the pacer not only made his way back into the Australian side in the shortest format of the game but also found a place in CSK, one of the most dominating teams in the ongoing IPL.
"It is has been fun over the last 12 months I suppose. I had some good results in the Big Bash back home in Australia and that led to the Australian selection. It was good to get back into the national team and very fun being here as part of the CSK and the IPL," he told the IPL website.
Talking about the challenges of bowling in the shortest formats, the 30-year-old Laughlin said, "In T20, batters don`t have much fear, so they are always trying to hit big shots. Considering that, you always bowl sensibly which is hard but that`s the job which we are given. So it is quite exciting."
And asked what is his most lethal weapon, he said, "My yorkers are normally quite good if I land them and my bouncers are kind of effective but not so much here because the wickets here are not as quick as they are back home."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now