MI can make it to the IPL play-off, feels Pollard
Mumbai: Hard-hitting West Indian batsman Kieron Pollard on Friday expressed confidence that Mumbai Indians can make it to the play-offs in the Indian Premier League by winning their next two home games at the Wankhede Stadium.
"For me, personally, it has been an okay season. Obviously, we are not winning as we want to. There are six more games and we need to win a couple of more games in order to qualify for the last four. So we are working at that. Come weekend, we can get two wins at home," Pollard told reporters on the sidelines of the Adidas` "Meet and Greet fans" event.
He was referring to the home games MI have against table toppers Chennai Super Kings on May 5 followed by the match against holders Kolkata Knight Riders two days later.
Currently, MI are fourth in the table with 12 points from 6 wins out of 10 games. They have won all their four matches at the Wankhede Stadium till date.
"We are not having the best of the seasons, but we are in the top four. And that is all that matters at the end of the day. It`s about being in the top four and qualifying for the semi-finals and hopefully into the finals. Hopefully it clicks at the right time.
"The guys are coming into form. We are playing some pretty good cricket. We have two home games (this coming week), so hopefully we can do well at the Wankhede," he added.
Despite being a strong team, MI have never won the title and Pollard said this year they have a better shot at it.
"Yes. Obviously six years on it (IPL), but Mumbai hasn`t won. But at the end of the day, its a sport. Just because you have a good team and good players doesn`t mean you are entitled to win. You still have to go out there and perform.
"It (performance) hasn`t been as we wanted but we have a very good chance each and every year. This year has been an even better chance. We have seen glimpses of what we can do and hopefully we can continue with it at the right time," the 25-year-old said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says