MI can make it to the IPL play-off, feels Pollard
Mumbai: Hard-hitting West Indian batsman Kieron Pollard on Friday expressed confidence that Mumbai Indians can make it to the play-offs in the Indian Premier League by winning their next two home games at the Wankhede Stadium.
"For me, personally, it has been an okay season. Obviously, we are not winning as we want to. There are six more games and we need to win a couple of more games in order to qualify for the last four. So we are working at that. Come weekend, we can get two wins at home," Pollard told reporters on the sidelines of the Adidas` "Meet and Greet fans" event.
He was referring to the home games MI have against table toppers Chennai Super Kings on May 5 followed by the match against holders Kolkata Knight Riders two days later.
Currently, MI are fourth in the table with 12 points from 6 wins out of 10 games. They have won all their four matches at the Wankhede Stadium till date.
"We are not having the best of the seasons, but we are in the top four. And that is all that matters at the end of the day. It`s about being in the top four and qualifying for the semi-finals and hopefully into the finals. Hopefully it clicks at the right time.
"The guys are coming into form. We are playing some pretty good cricket. We have two home games (this coming week), so hopefully we can do well at the Wankhede," he added.
Despite being a strong team, MI have never won the title and Pollard said this year they have a better shot at it.
"Yes. Obviously six years on it (IPL), but Mumbai hasn`t won. But at the end of the day, its a sport. Just because you have a good team and good players doesn`t mean you are entitled to win. You still have to go out there and perform.
"It (performance) hasn`t been as we wanted but we have a very good chance each and every year. This year has been an even better chance. We have seen glimpses of what we can do and hopefully we can continue with it at the right time," the 25-year-old said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?