MS Dhoni tops popularity chart at Kotla
New Delhi: India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was the most popular player amongst the large crowd gathered here Thursday for the Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
The Chennai captain received a loud reception at the time of toss and it got louder whenever he played an attacking shot.
Much to the delight of the fans, Dhoni promoted himself to number four in the batting order after Suresh Raina`s dismissal. He opened his account by spanking Irfan Pathan for a boundary over mid-wicket.
The crowd turned wild when Dhoni smashed Morne Morkel for a six and four in the 17th over which eventually went for 19 runs. He also had luck on his side as he was dropped by Ajit Agarkar on 19.
Dhoni was dismissed in the 20th over for 44 but he departed not before hitting his trademark helicopter shot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police