MS Dhoni tops popularity chart at Kotla
New Delhi: India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was the most popular player amongst the large crowd gathered here Thursday for the Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
The Chennai captain received a loud reception at the time of toss and it got louder whenever he played an attacking shot.
Much to the delight of the fans, Dhoni promoted himself to number four in the batting order after Suresh Raina`s dismissal. He opened his account by spanking Irfan Pathan for a boundary over mid-wicket.
The crowd turned wild when Dhoni smashed Morne Morkel for a six and four in the 17th over which eventually went for 19 runs. He also had luck on his side as he was dropped by Ajit Agarkar on 19.
Dhoni was dismissed in the 20th over for 44 but he departed not before hitting his trademark helicopter shot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway