Patience is the key to success even in T20: Rahane
Kolkata: The Twenty20 format might be a slambang format but it`s patience that holds the key to success in all the three versions of cricket, feels Rajasthan Royals opener Ajinkya Rahane.
It`s of little surprise that Rahane is mentored by skipper Rahul Dravid who is known to the world as a batsman with sheer class and composure.
"Obviously, it`s the shortest version of the game. But even in T20, you will get enough of time to bat on. Even if you play one maiden over, that does not mean you will have to swing it in the next over. Patience is a key word in all the three formats. If you back yourself according to your talent and gameplan, you`ll get success," Rahane told the reporters here.
Up against the defending champions, whose campaign is all but over, Rahane said they were not taking Kolkata Knight Riders lightly even as the defending champions face the improbable task of winning five out of their six to qualify for the play-offs.
"Playing Kolkata in Kolkata is a big challenge always. They are a good side, an experienced side. We don`t want to take them lightly. It`s like any other match and we hope to give our best tomorrow," he said on the eve of the match
He further said Dravid was backing his boys well as the youngsters were living up to the expectation.
"He is backing all of us and all the teammates, the seniors and juniors. He is doing a great job as a captain. Everyone is supporting him very well. He`s batting superbly and we just want him to bat like this and play some matchwinning knocks for us," he said.
"Whoever got the opportunity did well. Be it Dishant Yagnik or Sanju Samson. That`s a great sign for the team. We all are playing well as a team. We just want to continue in the coming matches," the Mumbaikar said.
"Still, we have got seven games and if you qualify we`ll have two-three more, so it`s a good sign."
Asked about promoting Sanju Samson to No 3 as the youngsters came up with a matchwinning 63 to win the match against RCB, Rahane said: "That was Rahul bhai`s decision to promote him at No 3. It was a great move and he did well."
Rahane further said off-spinner Ajit Chandila had the guile to do well.
"He`s pretty much difficult to pick. That`s a good sign for us. He has got some variations. I think he will trouble the batsmen in the coming days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account