Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai Super Kings here on Saturday night.
• 103 sixes have been registered by RCB - the highest at the IPL 6, bettering Mumbai`s 101.
• Dwayne Bravo (25 at 17.84 runs apiece in 16 games) became the second bowler after James Faulkner (26) to take 25 wickets at the IPL 2013 apart from becoming the first bowler to take 25 wickets for Chennai in an IPL season.
• Suresh Raina has posted his seventh duck in Twenty20 - his fifth in the IPL.
• Vinay Kumar`s tally of 23 wickets at 21.43 runs apiece in 16 games is a record by a Bangalore bowler in an IPL season.
• RCB`s convincing victory by 24 runs is their sixth in fifteen games (Lost eight and NR 1) against Chennai Super Kings in the IPL - success % 42.85.
• Chris Gayle has become the first batsman to amass 700 runs in an IPL season in consecutive years - 733 (ave.61.08) in 15 games in 2012 and 708 (ave.59.00) in 16 games in 2013.
• The first batsman to complete 50 sixes (51) in the present tournament is Chris Gayle. He became the first batsman to complete 50 sixes in consecutive years at the IPL. Last year, he hit 59 sixes.
• The Chennai-Bangalore game between the two teams is the shortest scheduled game at the IPL, surpassing the 11 overs a side between Delhi and Punjab at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi on May 17, 2008. Punjab had won the match by six runs under D/L method.
• Kohli (56 not out off 29 balls) has posted his sixth fifty in the present competition - the first to hit six fifties. He has equalled Gautam Gambhir`s tally of six fifties as skipper last year.
• Kohli became the third batsman to amass 600 runs or more in IPL 6- 634 (ave.45.28) in 16 games, joining Chris Gayle (708) and Michael Hussey (640). His tally is a record by a captain in an IPL season, outstripping Sachin Tendulkar`s tally of 618 (ave.47.54) in 15 matches in 2010.
• Gayle became the first player to register 400 sixes in Twenty20. He became the first player to complete 5500 runs in Twenty20 - 5512 (ave.45.55) in 145 games.
• Bangalore made 100 off just 7.5 overs, equalling the fastest team`s record of reaching 100 at the IPL. Against Pune Warriors at Bangalore on April 23, 2013, RCB had recorded 100 off 7.5 overs.
• Zaheer, in the course of his career-best figures (his first four-wicket haul - 4/17), has completed his 100 wickets in Twenty20 - 101 at an average of 27.41.
First Published: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 16:53