Lift ban on Shah Rukh Khan, he is not a terrorist: Raj Thackeray

Lift ban on Shah Rukh Khan, he is not a terrorist: Raj Thackeray

Last Updated: Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 22:27
   Comments 0
Lift ban on Shah Rukh Khan, he is not a terrorist: Raj ThackerayZee Media Bureau

Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray has thrown his weight behind Kolkata Knight Rider’s co-owner Shah Rukh Khan saying he should be allowed to enter Wankhede Stadium.

"Shah Rukh is not a criminal nor a terrorist. He should be allowed to enter the premises of Wankhede Stadium," Thackeray was quoted as saying in media reports.

"MCA should open doors for Shah Rukh. There are other issues to tackle, if he has apologised in public platform and realised his mistake, he should be forgiven," he was quoted as saying.

With Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) showing no sign to relent in lifting the 5-year ban imposed on the Bollywood superstar for his involvement in a brawl with the security staff last year, it’s very likely that the King Khan would cheer his team from the outside of the stadium.

Kolkata Knight Riders vs Mumbai Indians- Preview»

However, asked what would he do on May 7 when KKR take on Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede stadium, Shah Rukh had said, "I don`t want to sound politically incorrect but what will they do if I enter? Shoot me?"

IPL POINTS TABLE» I IPL SCHEDULE»

Kolkata Knight Riders` owner Shah Rukh Khan had admitted that he should not have got into a fight with the Wankhede stadium security guard during last season`s T20 tournament that led to MCA imposing a five-year ban on him. "In retrospect, I should not have behaved like that. On the other hand, it`s not something that I really think about. It`s quite cool," said Shah Rukh.

Shah Rukh also joked that he might resort to wearing masks to deceive the authorities.

"I don`t know...otherwise it has to be the masks, I`ll have to wear them with a false moustache and stuff like that. But I am not going to take any chances. I will wait outside the Wankhede and cheer for my boys."

"As long as my team is allowed inside the Wankhede Stadium, it`s fine. We will win the match. I don`t need to be there to win the match," he said during a late night programme at the team hotel.

Shah Rukh, in fact entered the KKR dressing room during the break in a clear violation of the protocol.

"It`s my face...people stop me from going to lot of places in stadiums nowadays. In our team, Brett Lee looks the most well-behaved, so I`ll wear his mask and enter the dressing room.

"I just wanted to tell Gambhir well done at halftime. I am sorry, it`s my mistake. I forget the rules sometimes. I will try not to do it again, so that I`m not banned from here," an apologetic Shah Rukh added.

(With PTI inputs)

First Published: Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 09:17

Comments

Ilmaan khan - Patna bihar
Shahrukh khan is not a terorist

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

kiran - bangalore
why shork want to beet other if any one bet him how is his feeling? just i want know?

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

Nurul Aziz KHAN - Atulya BHARAT
Just Politics .... Nothing More

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

rajendra gulati - new delhi
Why Shahrukh Khan only banned why not parliamentarians and representatives of assemblies be banned they mostly misbehaved at their places. I feel in Maharashtra government is playing role of mafias as mafias are almost finished there so government is playing their role by taking such harsh decisions which are not required

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

rajendra gulati - new delhi
why banning for shahrukh khan, he is nice person, sometimes little misbehave doesnt disallow him to stop going anywhere yaa on particular day you can get out him from that place, but not for a longer period, its against the constitution. I feel politicians daily fight and misbehaved in parliament and Assemblies, first why we dont ban to contest them election or should be banned to enter into the parliament who always make nuisance in parliament and assemblies

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

Ranjit - Bangalore
Who is Raj Thackeray to decide weather he should be allowed or not this other guy shahrukh has as it is showed his class by fighting wit the security and abusing them. Imagine trying to go to the dressing room, just publicity stunts. they should actually interview owners before the allow them to be owners

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

sgree - chennai
waste kkr ghhghhgfhhfh

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

Aman nijjar - London
Raj has to order Shiv Sena Affiliated MCA and shah rukh will be allowed

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

Aman nijjar - London
Raj has to order Shiv Sena Affiliated MCA and shah rukh will be allowed.

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

ahrazkamle - kalyan
plz mca give entry to srk in wankhede stadiums plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sir

Post your Comments

X
Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

Pages: 1

Post your Comments

Name
Place :
Email :
Comments :

Most liked Comments

Other News