Indian Premier League 2014: Sehwag, Yuvraj among 11 Indians in the Rs 2 cr base price bracket
New Delhi: Discarded veterans Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh have kept their base price in the highest bracket of Rs 2 crore for the upcoming auctions of the seventh edition of Indian Premier League.
There are 46 capped Indian players in the list of 233 international players who have enrolled for the auction. The base price for capped players (in INR) are 50 lakh, 1 crore, 1.5 crore and 2 crore respectively.
New Zealand`s Corey Anderson has kept his base price at a moderate Rs 1 crore. It is widely expected that Anderson`s price will hit the roof-top after his fastest century in ODIs and his stupendous all-round performance against India in the ongoing ODI series.
While Australian captain Michael Clarke has pulled out from the auction, Ashes Hero Mitchell Johnson`s base price is Rs 2 crore.
While Sehwag, who has been horribly out of form, has kept himself in the highest bracket, two other veterans Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra are also expecting to fetch atleast Rs 2 crore or more at the auction if one goes by their decision to keep themselves in the highest bracket.
Dinesh Karthik, who was widely tipped to be retained by Mumbai Indians, has also kept a base price of Rs 2 crore.
Hard-hitting batsman Yusuf Pathan, who had three pathetic seasons with Kolkata Knight Riders is also in the highest bracket. Swing bowler Praveen Kumar, leg-spinner Amit Mishra, left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha, Test opener Murali Vijay, Bengal`s Manoj Tiwary and Karnataka veteran Robin Uthappa are the other capped Indian players in the highest bracket.
Veteran seamer Zaheer Khan, Test specialist Cheteshwar Pujara, talented Bhuvneshwar Kumar are in the Rs 1.5 crore bracket while fringe India players like Ashoke Dinda, Wriddhiman Saha, Mohit Sharma are in the Rs 1 crore. Delhi`s Parvinder Awana, who played a couple of T20 internationals last season has a base price of Rs 50 lakh.
Pacers Umesh Yadav has not yet confirmed his base price while Ishant Sharma`s base price is Rs 1.5 crore.
Jharkhand speedster Varun Aaron is missing out from the auction list which might be to jeep himself injury free from the rigours of T20 cricket.
43-year-old Australian chinaman bowler Bradd Hogg is the oldest player at the auction with a base price of Rs 1.5 crore while T20 freelancer Brad Hodge has kept his base price at Rs 2 crore. Mike Hussey, who said that IPL-VI was his last edition has also included himself in the list with highest base price.
Some Prominent Indian players and their base prices:
Indians (Rs 2 crore): Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, Praveen Kumar, Ashish Nehra, Pragyan Ojha, Robin Uthappa, Amit Mishra, Murali Vijay, Manoj Tiwary.
Indians (Rs 1.5 crore): Zaheer Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Cheteshwar Pujara, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma.
Indians (Rs 1 crore): Parthiv Patel, Mohit Sharma, Ashoke Dinda, Wriddhiman Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!