Indian Premier League 7: Another blow for `out of form` Virender Sehwag
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The swashbuckling opener Virender Sehwag has been struggling with his form for quite some time. Due to his poor run, Viru was thrown out of the Indian team and then, when he was eyeing a comeback through the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League, Delhi Daredevils didn`t retain him.
It could have come out as a shock for the opener, who had remained loyal towards the Delhi franchise and played for it in all the six previous seasons. But it is also a bitter truth that in the last season, Sehwag failed to perform up to his calibre, which directly affected the performance of the team and they only managed to win mere three games out of the 16. Even in the on-going Ranji season, Sehwag failed to play any impressive knock, except a half-century against Vidarbha; and continues to struggle to get his form back.
However, Gautam Gambhir, another discarded player has been retained by the Kolkata Franchise – Kolkata Knights Riders (KKR). Gauti is the skipper of KKR and under his leadership, the franchise won the fifth edition of the lucrative league.
Shockingly, apart from Delhi, every other franchise in the league has opted to retain players, possibly base on those players performance in the last season. May be Delhi Daredevils wanted to start the IPL7 with a new frame of mind under the new head coach, Gary Kirsten. But it`s certainly not a good news for Viru and his fans, who now has to come under hammer in the IPL-7 auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat