Indian squad for ICC World T20, Asia Cup to be picked in Bangalore
Mumbai: The Indian squad for next month`s ICC World T20 Championship and the Asia Cup starting later this month, both to be held in Bangladesh, will be picked during the upcoming Irani Cup clash in Bangalore.
"The squad for World T20 championship and the Asia Cup are to be picked during the Irani Cup match in Bangalore (from February 9-13 between Ranji champions Karnataka and Rest of India) where all five selectors would be present. The deadline to choose the World T20 team is February 15," BCCI sources told PTI today.
The preliminary probables` list for the March 16-April 6 World T20 Championship has already been announced by BCCI.
India, who won the inaugural World T20 Championship in 2007-08, will open their campaign against arch rivals and 2009 champions
Pakistan in a Group 2 fixture on March 21 at the Sher-E-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.
They will play their remaining second stage league fixtures on March 23 (v West Indies in Mipur), March 28 (v first stage qualifier in Mirpur) and March 30 (v Australia in Mirpur).
The two semifinals are scheduled on April 3 and 4 at the Sher-E-Bangla National Stadium followed by the summit clash at the same venue on April 6.
The five-team Asia Cup limited over (50 overs) tournament is to be held from February 25-March 8 in two venues (Fatullah and Mirpur).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!