Indian squad for Zimbabwe to be picked on Friday
Mumbai: The Indian squad for the five-match ODI bilateral series in Zimbabwe commencing later this month will be picked here on Friday.
"The selection committee will meet in Mumbai on July 5 to choose the team," BCCI source told PTI.
It remains to be seen whether injured skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni will be available for selection.
The inspirational captain picked up a hamstring injury during the first ODI in the ongoing tri-nation ODI series in the West Indies and has been ruled out of the tournament.
The selection panel headed by Sandeep Patil has chosen Ambati Rayudu as his replacement in the squad.
Virat Kohli is leading India in the remainder of the tri-series.
India commence their series against Zimbabwe on July 24.
The match schedule is:
July 24: 1st ODI, Harare Sports Club, Harare
July 26: 2nd ODI, Harare Sports Club, Harare
July 28: 3rd ODI, Harare Sports Club, Harare
July 31: 4th ODI, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Aug 3: 5th and final ODI, Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH