Indo-Pak veterans cricket series next month
Lahore: Pakistan`s former cricket captain Inzamam-ul-Haq will return to action next month when he would lead the national veterans team against arch-rivals India in a two-match series in Sharjah.
Fawad Ijaz, the Chairman of the Pakistan Veterans Cricket Association, told the media that the Indo-Pak series will include two 40-overs-a-side matches and will be played on April 18 and 20.
"Sharjah has been chosen to host these matches because of the current relations between Pakistan and India. We have decided to play at a neutral venue," he said.
Ijaz said Pakistan would field a strong side led by Inzamam. The team will include former captains Moin Khan and Rashid Latif besides other former Test/international players like Jalaluddin, Ghulam Ali, Mahmood Hamid, Tauseef Ahmed and Aaqib Javed.
He said the series was being held to revive the veteran level bilateral series between the two countries.
"The Indians are cooperating a lot and we are also expecting them to field a strong side," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH