Indo-Pak veterans cricket series next month
Lahore: Pakistan`s former cricket captain Inzamam-ul-Haq will return to action next month when he would lead the national veterans team against arch-rivals India in a two-match series in Sharjah.
Fawad Ijaz, the Chairman of the Pakistan Veterans Cricket Association, told the media that the Indo-Pak series will include two 40-overs-a-side matches and will be played on April 18 and 20.
"Sharjah has been chosen to host these matches because of the current relations between Pakistan and India. We have decided to play at a neutral venue," he said.
Ijaz said Pakistan would field a strong side led by Inzamam. The team will include former captains Moin Khan and Rashid Latif besides other former Test/international players like Jalaluddin, Ghulam Ali, Mahmood Hamid, Tauseef Ahmed and Aaqib Javed.
He said the series was being held to revive the veteran level bilateral series between the two countries.
"The Indians are cooperating a lot and we are also expecting them to field a strong side," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD