Indo-Pak veterans cricket series next month
Lahore: Pakistan`s former cricket captain Inzamam-ul-Haq will return to action next month when he would lead the national veterans team against arch-rivals India in a two-match series in Sharjah.
Fawad Ijaz, the Chairman of the Pakistan Veterans Cricket Association, told the media that the Indo-Pak series will include two 40-overs-a-side matches and will be played on April 18 and 20.
"Sharjah has been chosen to host these matches because of the current relations between Pakistan and India. We have decided to play at a neutral venue," he said.
Ijaz said Pakistan would field a strong side led by Inzamam. The team will include former captains Moin Khan and Rashid Latif besides other former Test/international players like Jalaluddin, Ghulam Ali, Mahmood Hamid, Tauseef Ahmed and Aaqib Javed.
He said the series was being held to revive the veteran level bilateral series between the two countries.
"The Indians are cooperating a lot and we are also expecting them to field a strong side," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation