Indrajith scores ton as TN make 247/6 against Punjab
Chennai: Skipper B Indrajith scored a century and put on two century partnerships to guide Tamil Nadu to 247 for six on the opening day of their Under-19 Elite Group C match against Punjab for the Cooch Behar cricket trophy on Thursday.
Tamil Nadu lost three quick wickets early in the innings to be left tottering at 20 for 3, but left-handed V Ganga Sridhar Raju (66 runs, 114b, 12x4) and Indrajith (119 runs 216b, 10x4, 1x6) put on 103 for the fourth wicket and took the total to 123/4.
Indrajith later paired up with J Koushik (38 not out) and the duo added 116 runs in 38 overs to take the team`s total at 241 for 6.
Indrajith played the captain`s role to perfection as he was involved in consolidating his team`s innings in a methodical manner.
For Punjab, medium pacer Kamal Passi, left-arm spinner Rahul Kanojia and offie Gurkjirat Singh claimed two wickets apiece.
Brief scores: Tamil Nadu 247 for six in 90 overs (V Ganga Sridhar Raju 66, B Indrajith 119, J Koushik batting 38, Kam Passi 2 for 36, Rahul Kanojia 2 for 78 and Gurkjirat Singh 2 for 68).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video