Injured Aaron hopes to be back in action soon
Jamshedpur: Speedster Varun Aaron, who suffered a back injury during the home seies against the West Indies in December 2011, expressed confidence that he would be back in action in the next couple of months.
"I am recovering well and expecting to go back to the field in two to three months time," said the young talent, who visited the ongoing practice session of his home side Jharkhand ahead of their knock-out match against Punjab here.
The right-arm fast bowler, who was ruled out of the national team for Australia tour last year following recurrence of a back injury, said he is undergoing treatment at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore and expressed satisfaction over his health improvement.
The 23-year-old player, who last played an international game in December against West Indies in Visakhapatnam, returned to competitive cricket during the Indian Premier League last year.
He played eight games for Delhi Daredevils and picked up as many wickets before returning to the National Cricket Academy as his back pain relapsed in the middle of last year.
"I had `L5` injury (a kind of spinal cord injury), but it is improving well now," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player