‘Injured’ Pak pacer Junaid optimistic about international cricket future
Karachi: Pakistan’s fast bowler Junaid Khan is optimistic about his future in international cricket despite being laid low by injury.
“Missing out on events such as the Asia Cup did hurt a lot. But I am not disappointed because I believe it’s a temporary setback. Great bowlers like Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis went through similar phases during their careers but they managed to become legends of the game. I always take inspiration from them because I want to be like them one day,” The Express Tribune quoted Junaid, as saying.
He missed the Asia Cup after suffering a fracture, an injury that followed his abdominal injury during the series against Sri Lanka in the UAE.
Junaid is also striving sharpen his expertise with the ball, while he is recovering from an injury.
“A player doesn’t have control on setbacks like injuries and I have faith that such blows are always good in some way or the other. While I’m out of competitive cricket, I’m working on improving my skills as a bowler, especially the swinging deliveries,” he said.
“I’m working on new deliveries to improve as a bowler — one is a deceiving swing delivery and the other is a reverse-swing delivery. I’m giving these two a lot of time these days,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read