Injured Siddle and Pattinson out for remainder of tour
Port of Spain (Trinidad): Australian fast bowlers Peter Siddle and James Pattinson have been ruled out of the remainder of the West Indies tour and will return home this week.
Siddle played in the opening Test in Barbados, but missed the second Test with a sore back while Pattinson suffered back pain while fielding Tuesday, after being picked for his first match of the three-Test series.
Cricket Australia said neither bowler would be fit in time for the final Test in Dominica, starting Monday.
"Peter Siddle developed some back soreness in the Barbados Test and scans revealed early signs of a low back bone stress injury," said Australian team physiotherapist Kevin Sims.
"He was subsequently ruled out of the second Test and after further consultation we feel that to prevent this injury developing any further, it is in Peter`s best interest for him to return to Australia to rest and for appropriate physiotherapy to ensure he is fully fit when next selected for Australian duties.
"James Pattinson had an episode of acute low back pain after fielding and throwing awkwardly late on day three of the second Test.
"We have since monitored his condition over the last couple of days and the initial investigations suggest that while the injury is not serious there is insufficient time for him to recover to play in the third Test match."
Siddle left Thursday morning while Pattinson will fly out Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir