Injured Southee doubtful for New Zealand’s tour to Zimbabwe
Auckland: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee is in doubt for the Black Caps’ tour to Zimbabwe after being diagnosed with cartilage damage in his left knee.
The injury has also ruled out Southee, who plays for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), from the Champions League Twenty20.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC)’s medical director, Ian Murphy, says that Southee needs two weeks of rehab before a full diagnosis could be made, according to reports.
“I’d suggest he’s a 50-50 prospect of going to Zimbabwe. It’s a reasonably short time frame for an injury like this, but it’s not the worst injury of this nature that I’ve seen,” he said.
Murphy suggested a cautious approach would be taken, with two Tests in Australia looming in December.
“I’m sure that Tim, like a lot of the players, sees the Australia series as being a really big thing for the summer,” he added.
The Zimbabwe tour starts with a Twenty20 match in Harare on October 15. It also includes three ODIs and one Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials