Injured Southee doubtful for New Zealand’s tour to Zimbabwe
Auckland: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee is in doubt for the Black Caps’ tour to Zimbabwe after being diagnosed with cartilage damage in his left knee.
The injury has also ruled out Southee, who plays for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), from the Champions League Twenty20.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC)’s medical director, Ian Murphy, says that Southee needs two weeks of rehab before a full diagnosis could be made, according to reports.
“I’d suggest he’s a 50-50 prospect of going to Zimbabwe. It’s a reasonably short time frame for an injury like this, but it’s not the worst injury of this nature that I’ve seen,” he said.
Murphy suggested a cautious approach would be taken, with two Tests in Australia looming in December.
“I’m sure that Tim, like a lot of the players, sees the Australia series as being a really big thing for the summer,” he added.
The Zimbabwe tour starts with a Twenty20 match in Harare on October 15. It also includes three ODIs and one Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’