Injured Southee doubtful for New Zealand’s tour to Zimbabwe
Auckland: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee is in doubt for the Black Caps’ tour to Zimbabwe after being diagnosed with cartilage damage in his left knee.
The injury has also ruled out Southee, who plays for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), from the Champions League Twenty20.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC)’s medical director, Ian Murphy, says that Southee needs two weeks of rehab before a full diagnosis could be made, according to reports.
“I’d suggest he’s a 50-50 prospect of going to Zimbabwe. It’s a reasonably short time frame for an injury like this, but it’s not the worst injury of this nature that I’ve seen,” he said.
Murphy suggested a cautious approach would be taken, with two Tests in Australia looming in December.
“I’m sure that Tim, like a lot of the players, sees the Australia series as being a really big thing for the summer,” he added.
The Zimbabwe tour starts with a Twenty20 match in Harare on October 15. It also includes three ODIs and one Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!
- Saudis say five guards killed in clashes on Yemen border
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses
- Who is this little singer with beautiful voice that even Shreya Ghoshal wants to meet! Watch video