Injured Southee doubtful for New Zealand’s tour to Zimbabwe
Auckland: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee is in doubt for the Black Caps’ tour to Zimbabwe after being diagnosed with cartilage damage in his left knee.
The injury has also ruled out Southee, who plays for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), from the Champions League Twenty20.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC)’s medical director, Ian Murphy, says that Southee needs two weeks of rehab before a full diagnosis could be made, according to reports.
“I’d suggest he’s a 50-50 prospect of going to Zimbabwe. It’s a reasonably short time frame for an injury like this, but it’s not the worst injury of this nature that I’ve seen,” he said.
Murphy suggested a cautious approach would be taken, with two Tests in Australia looming in December.
“I’m sure that Tim, like a lot of the players, sees the Australia series as being a really big thing for the summer,” he added.
The Zimbabwe tour starts with a Twenty20 match in Harare on October 15. It also includes three ODIs and one Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!