‘Injured’ Southee to miss Zimbabwe tour unless fully fit
Auckland: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee has said that he won’t take part in the Black Caps’ tour to Zimbabwe until his knee injury is completely healed.
Southee was diagnosed with cartilage damage in his left knee which had also ruled him out of the Champions League Twenty20, where he was scheduled to play for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
“It’s hard to tell at the moment, as I haven’t tested it out. There’s no pain, so fingers crossed,” a website quoted Southee, as saying.
“If I’m 100 per cent I’ll go to Zimbabwe, but there’s no point in rushing it,” he added.
The 22-year-old further said that he was disappointed at not being in India, but also highlighted that the “big things” would be the Tests against Australia and South Africa later this year.
“So it’s not all bad I guess – there’s still enough time to get ready for Australia. The main goal is to play against Australia,” he said.
He also admitted that he had been “pretty lucky” with avoiding injuries.
“I’ve had no problems, with any part of my body, for quite some time now,” Southee said.
The Zimbabwe tour starts with a Twenty20 match in Harare on October 15. It also includes three ODIs and one Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!