Injured Taufeeq ruled out of Test series against South Africa
Karachi: Experienced Pakistan opener, Taufeeq Umar has been ruled out of the Test series against South Africa and will be returning home due to a shin injury.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said yesterday that Taufeeq will be replaced by another left handed opener, Imran Farhat, who is being sent to possibly join the team before the first test begins from Friday in Johannesburg.
"The team management has informed us that the injury Taufeeq sustained during nets is of serious nature and after MRI scans doctors have advised him three to four weeks rest to make a complete recovery," an official said.
Taufeeq suffered the injury during a nets session and subsequently also missed the four-day tour match at East London that was drawn.
Nasir Jamshed opening the innings with Mohammad Hafeez hit half centuries in each innings to confirm his spot for the first Test.
The left-handed Jamshed, who also hit two back-to-back hundreds in the ODI series in India, will make his Test debut tomorrow although he won his Pakistan cap in a ODI way back in 2008.
"In Taufeeq`s place the selectors have picked Imran Farhat to reach South Africa before the first test," he added.
Pakistani selectors have already sent two pace bowlers, Tanvir Ahmed and Rahat Ali to South Africa to bolster the original squad that had four pace bowlers Umar Gul, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan and Ehsan Adil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead