‘Injury-prone’ Cummins in yet another injury scare
Sydney: Teenage Australian fast bowler Patrick Cummins underwent scans on Wednesday after he complained of soreness, which can be a possible side strain, but officials of his domestic team New South Wales (NSW) are hopeful they will not confirm another injury setback for the highly talented pace man.
The 19-year-old reported pain in his rib cage upon return on Tuesday from South Africa, where he played in the Sydney Sixers` triumphant campaign at the Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
Cummins has not been named in Australia`s first Test squad, or the Blues`` team to travel to Queensland tomorrow, with selectors keen to work him back up to four and five-day cricket carefully after a long stint in the Twenty20 format.
“Given the last 12 months - he`s had a few injury setbacks - we just want to make sure everything is OK. He just complained of a bit of soreness in the rib cage area so we`re having scans to make sure it`s nothing more serious,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Cricket NSW chief executive David Gilbert, as saying.
“If the view is that he should be rested then I think that`s the sensible thing to do,” he added.
Cummins missed the entire Test summer last season with what at first seemed an innocuous heel injury, and was flown home from Australia`s one-day tour of England after picking up a side strain in the first match at Lord`s in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly