‘Injury-prone’ Cummins in yet another injury scare
Sydney: Teenage Australian fast bowler Patrick Cummins underwent scans on Wednesday after he complained of soreness, which can be a possible side strain, but officials of his domestic team New South Wales (NSW) are hopeful they will not confirm another injury setback for the highly talented pace man.
The 19-year-old reported pain in his rib cage upon return on Tuesday from South Africa, where he played in the Sydney Sixers` triumphant campaign at the Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
Cummins has not been named in Australia`s first Test squad, or the Blues`` team to travel to Queensland tomorrow, with selectors keen to work him back up to four and five-day cricket carefully after a long stint in the Twenty20 format.
“Given the last 12 months - he`s had a few injury setbacks - we just want to make sure everything is OK. He just complained of a bit of soreness in the rib cage area so we`re having scans to make sure it`s nothing more serious,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Cricket NSW chief executive David Gilbert, as saying.
“If the view is that he should be rested then I think that`s the sensible thing to do,” he added.
Cummins missed the entire Test summer last season with what at first seemed an innocuous heel injury, and was flown home from Australia`s one-day tour of England after picking up a side strain in the first match at Lord`s in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand