International cricket to return to Canberra`s Manuka Oval
Canberra: International cricket will return to the Manuka Oval here in November with Australia scheduled to play South Africa in a One-Day International (ODI) under lights Nov 19.
“This is exciting news for Canberra cricket fans and another step in affirming Manuka Oval’s credentials as a venue for international cricket. The centenary of Canberra ODI in February last year was a great success with a sell-out crowd and I`m sure that November`s match against a strong South Africa will be no different," Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland said Monday.
Significant upgrades to the stadium include broadcast lights, resurfacing and new stands.
The November clash will be the second ever ODI involving the Australian team at the Manuka Oval with recent upgrades boosting the ground’s capacity to 15,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why