International cricket to return to Canberra`s Manuka Oval
Canberra: International cricket will return to the Manuka Oval here in November with Australia scheduled to play South Africa in a One-Day International (ODI) under lights Nov 19.
“This is exciting news for Canberra cricket fans and another step in affirming Manuka Oval’s credentials as a venue for international cricket. The centenary of Canberra ODI in February last year was a great success with a sell-out crowd and I`m sure that November`s match against a strong South Africa will be no different," Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland said Monday.
Significant upgrades to the stadium include broadcast lights, resurfacing and new stands.
The November clash will be the second ever ODI involving the Australian team at the Manuka Oval with recent upgrades boosting the ground’s capacity to 15,000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents