International cricket to return to Canberra`s Manuka Oval
Canberra: International cricket will return to the Manuka Oval here in November with Australia scheduled to play South Africa in a One-Day International (ODI) under lights Nov 19.
“This is exciting news for Canberra cricket fans and another step in affirming Manuka Oval’s credentials as a venue for international cricket. The centenary of Canberra ODI in February last year was a great success with a sell-out crowd and I`m sure that November`s match against a strong South Africa will be no different," Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland said Monday.
Significant upgrades to the stadium include broadcast lights, resurfacing and new stands.
The November clash will be the second ever ODI involving the Australian team at the Manuka Oval with recent upgrades boosting the ground’s capacity to 15,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack