Deccan vs Pune: Statistical highlights
Cuttack: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Deccan Chargers and Pune Warriors here on Tuesday.
• Cameron White (74 off 45 balls) has posted his second fifty in the IPL - his best ever is 78 against Pune Warriors at Pune on April 26, 2012.
• White`s superb innings is his 12th fifty in Twenty20.
• Kumar Sangakkara has received his seventh Man of the Match award in Twenty20.
• Sangakkara`s brilliant 82 is the highest individual innings for Deccan Chargers against Pune Warriors, eclipsing the 78 off 46 balls by Cameron White at Pune on April 26, 2012.
• In the course of his 10th half-century in the IPL, Sangakkara has completed his 1500 runs, totalling 1532 runs at an average of 30.03 in 56 games.
• Kumar Sangakkara`s aforesaid innings is his first fifty in the present edition of the IPL.
• Sangakkara`s said knock is his highest for Deccan Chargers in the IPL, bettering the 65 off 47 balls against Kochi at Kochi on April 27, 2011.
• Deccan Chargers have won their second fixture in nine matches in the IPL 5.
• Pune Warriors have won four and lost six out of ten played in the present edition.
• Deccan Chargers have won three overall and lost one out of four contested against Pune Warriors in the IPL - winning % 75.00.
• Deccan Chargers (186/4) have posted their highest total against Pune Warriors in the IPL, outstripping the 177 for four at Pune on April 26, 2012.
• Shikhar Dhawan, with 266 runs at an average of 33.25 in eight matches, is the highest for Deccan Chargers in the IPL 5, followed by White (215) and Sangakkara (165).
• Parthiv Patel got out off the first ball of the match and for the second time he has been dismissed off the first ball of the match in the IPL.
• Parthiv Patel has joined Brendon McCullum. They are the only two batsmen to be dismissed off the first ball of the match twice in the IPL.
• Parthiv Patel has become the first recognised batsman to be dismissed without scoring seven times in the IPL.
• Patel has joined Shane Warne and Amit Mishra. They all three jointly hold an unwanted IPL record for recording seven ducks.
• White and Sangakkara were associated in a stand of 157 for the third wicket - Deccan Chargers` highest for this wicket-position in the IPL, bettering the 155 (unbroken) for the first wicket between Adam Gilchrist and VVS Laxman against Mumbai Indians at Mumbai on April 27, 2008.
• The 157-run match-winning partnership is the highest third wicket stand in the history of the IPL - the third best for any wicket - the highest ever is 206 for the second wicket between Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh for Punjab against Bangalore at Dharamsala on May 17, 2011.
• The previous highest third wicket partnership in the IPL was 152 between Murali Vijay and Albie Morkel for Chennai against Rajasthan at Chennai on April 3, 2010. The said partnership is now the highest for any wicket by any pair against Pune Warriors in the IPL.
• The 157-run third wicket partnership is the highest for any wicket in the IPL 5.
• Sourav Ganguly (45) has posted his highest innings for Pune Warriors in the IPL.
• Robin Uthappa is the first batsman to amass 300 runs for Pune Warriors in the IPL 5, totalling 305 at an average of33.88 in ten matches.
• Steven Smith`s 47 not out is his highest innings for Pune in the IPL 5.