New Delhi: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Delhi Daredevils and Deccan Chargers played on Sunday.
• Virender Sehwag has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the ninth time, emulating Chris Gayle`s tally in the IPL. Only Yusuf Pathan has taken more awards in the IPL - 11.
• Ajinkya Rahane (416 at an average of 59.42 in nine matches) became the fourth batsman to make 400 runs or more for Rajasthan in a single edition of the IPL. He has joioned Shane Watson (472), Graeme Smith (441) and Yusuf Pathan (435). All three had achieved the feat in the inaugural edition.
• Rahane`s brilliant unbeaten 84 off 63 balls is his fifth fifty in the IPL overall.
• Rahane`s aforesaid innings is the highest individual for Rajasthan Royals against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
• Yogesh Nagar (27 off 20 balls) has recorded his highest score in the IPL.
• Rahul Dravid and Rahane were involved in a 99-run partnership for the first wicket - Rajasthan`s highest for any wicket against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
• Rahul Dravid has amassed 276 at an average of 30.66, including a fifty, in nine innings, in the present tournament.
• Delhi`s victory by one run is their fifth in nine matches against Rajasthan in the IPL - winning % 55.55.
• Delhi`s magnificent one-run triumph is their narrowest margin in the IPL, bettering the nine-run win over Chennai at Durban on April 23, 2009.
• Delhi`s win is the third occasion of a team winning by just a run in the IPL. Punjab was the first team to do so twice - vs Mumbai Indians at Mumbai on May 21, 2008 and vs Deccan Charges at Johannesburg on May 17, 2009.
• Delhi Daredevils is the first team to win seven games out of nine in the present competition.
• Virender Sehwag (63 off 39 balls) has posted his fourth fifty in the present edition of the IPL - his 13th in the IPL.
• Sehwag, with 372 runs at an average of 46.50 in 59 matches, is the leading run-getter for Delhi Daredevils in the present tournament.
• Sehwag has completed 100 sixes (101) in Twenty20.
• Sehwag became the first batsman to register four consecutive fifties in the history of the IPL - 57 & 87 not out against Pune Warriors, 73 against Mumbai Indians and 63 against Rajasthan.
• Sachin Tendulkar (in 2010) and Jacques Kallis (in 2011) had posted three fifties in a row in the IPL.
• Sehwag`s tally of 1756 at 31.92 in the IPL is the fourth highest, next only to Suresh Raina (1966), Sachin Tendulkar (1803) and Gautam Gambhir (1777).
• Gayle and Sehwag are the only two batsmen to have registered four fifties in the present competition.
• Shaun Marsh (1 century + 13 fifties), Virender Sehwag (1 century + 13 fifties) and Jacques Kallis (14 fifties) are the three players to have recorded 14 innings of 50-plus in the IPL.
First Published: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 22:11