IPL 2012: Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers – Statistical highlights
Hyderabad: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Delhi Daredevils and Deccan Chargers on Thursday.
Delhi Daredevils is the first team to win nine matches (Lost 3) out of 12 played in the present tournament.
Deccan Chargers is the first team to have lost ten games in the IPL 5.
Morne Morkel is the top wicket-taker in the present IPL competition - 21 at 15.85 runs apiece in 12 games.
Shikhar Dhawan and Cameron White were involved in a stand of 126 for the third wicket - Deccan Chargers` highest against Delhi for any wicket in the IPL.
Cameron White (65 off 40 balls) has batted brilliantly to register his fourth fifty in the IPL 5.
The 189-run unbroken match-winning stand for the second wicket between David Warner and Naman Ojha is Delhi Daredevls` highest for any wicket in the IPL
Delhi Daredevils` previous highest for the second wicket in the IPL was 133 between Gautam Gambhir and Shikhar Dhawan against Deccan Chargers at Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi on May 15, 2008.
The aforesaid unbroken partnership is the second highest in the IPL history, next only to the 206 for the second wicket between Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh for Kings XI Punjab against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Dharamsala on May 17, 2011.
Shikhar Dhawan`s brilliant innings is his second highest in the IPL, next only to an unbeaten 95 off 57 balls against Punjab at Dharamsala on May 21, 2011.
Dhawan (84 off 49 balls) has posted his first fifty against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
Dhawan`s fourth half-century in the present competition is his 12th in the IPL.
Chris Gayle (515), Virender Sehwag (472), Shikhar Dhawan (467). Ajinkya Rahane (463), Gautam Gambhir (457) and Cameron White (410) are the leading run-scorers in the present edition of the IPL.
Dhawan`s aggregate is his best in an IPL tournament for Deccan Chargers, outstripping the 400 (ave.33.33) in 14 matches in 2011.
Delhi Daredevils (193 for one) have posted their highest total away from home in the IPL.
Delhi`s above score is their second best against Deccan Chargers in the IPL, behind the 194 for 4 at Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi on May 15, 2008.
Deccan Chargers (187 for four) have posted their highest total against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL, bettering the 182 for 9 at Feroz Shah Kotla on May 15, 2008.
The match has produced 380 runs for five wickets - the second highest in an IPL match involving Delhi - the highest is 433 runs for 10 wickets against Kings XI Punjab at Feroz Shah Kotla on April 23, 2011.
The aforesaid aggregate is the third highest in the IPL 5 - the highest being 413 for 13 wickets between Chennai and Bangalore at Chennai on April 12.
Delhi Daredevils have recorded 64 for one in the first six overs - their highest in the Powerplay in the present edition of the IPL.
Delhi Daredevils, with their nine-wicket triumph, have equalled their biggest win over Deccan Chargers. They had defeated Deccan by 9 wickets at Uppal on April 22, 2008.
Only two teams in the present competition have recorded nine-wicket wins - Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Naman Ojha`s marvellous unbeaten 64 off 46 balls is his first fifty in the IPL 2012 - his seventh in Twenty20.
Ojha`s aforesaid innings is his fifth fifty in the IPL - his best ever is 94 not out against Chennai at Chepauk, Chennai on April 3, 2010.
David Warner`s marvellous unbeaten match-winning 109 is the second highest for Delhi Daredevils in the IPL - the highest is 119 off 56 balls by Virender Sehwag against Deccan Chargers at Uppal on May 5, 2011.
Warner is the first batsman to record two hundreds for Delhi Daredevils in the IPL - both unbeaten knocks - 107 off 69 balls against Kolkata Knight Riders at Feroz Shah Kotla on March 29, 2010 and 109 off 54 balls against Deccan Chargers at Uppal on May 10, 2012.
Warner became the third player after Adam Gilchrist and Chris Gayle to post two centuries in the IPL.
Warner`s tally of five centuries in Twenty20 is exceeded only by Chris Gayle (7).
For the first time, Warner has recorded seven sixes in an innings for Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
Only Kevin Pietersen (9 vs Deccan Chargers on April 19, 2012) has recorded more sixes in an IPL innings for Delhi than Warner.
Warner has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the third time in the IPL
Delhi Daredevils have won seven and lost four out of eleven played against Deccan Chargers in the IPL - winning % 63.63.
Deccan Chargers have earned a dubious distinction by losing 45 games in the IPL. They have won 27 out of 72 contested - winning % 37.50).
Delhi Daredevils have improved their winning % (54.41) - 37 wins and 31 defeats out of 69 played (No Result 1).
In Delhi Daredevils` innings, twelve sixes have been recorded equalling their record in the IPL. Delhi had first recorded 12 sixes in their total of 231 for four against Punjab at Feroz Shah Kotla on April 23, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Check biharboard.ac.in / biharboard.bih.nic.in for Bihar School Examination Board BSEB Inter Arts Result 2015
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses