IPL 2012: Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians, Statistical highlights
New Delhi: Statistical highlights of the IPL match between Delhi Daredevils and Mumbai Indians here.
• Kevin Pietersen (50 not out off 26 balls) posted his 12th fifty in Twenty20.
• Pietersen is averaging 88.00 - the highest in the present tournament (minimum qualification: 200 runs) - 264 in six innings, three times not out.
• Pietersen has emulated Gayle`s feat of 19 sixes - the most in the present edition.
• Irfan Pathan, during his 2 for 46, completed his 100 wickets in Twenty20, claiming 101 at an average of 25.17 in 97 matches.
• Mahela Jayawardene (55 off 42 balls) posted his first fifty for Delhi in the present edition.
• Ambati Rayudu`s 62 is the highest individual innings for Mumbai Indians against Delhi in the present competitiion.
• Rayudu`s innings is his seventh fifty for Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
• Lasith Malinga took his tally to 72 at an average of 15.75 in 47 matches - the most by a bowler in the IPL.
• Virender Sehwag has aggregated 309 at an average of 44.14 in eight matches - the second highest in the present competition. Ajinkya Rahane is the top run-getter, managing 332 runs in 8 matches at an average of 47.42
• With 17 wickets at 12.76 runs apiece in eight matches, Morne Morkel is the leading wicket-taker in the present tournament.
• Jayawardene and Sehwag added 135 for the first wicket - Delhi`s second best for any wicket in the IPL - the highest is 146 for the first wicket between David Warner and Sehwag against Punjab at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi on April 23, 2011.
• Delhi Daredevils became the first side to win six games out of eight in the IPL 2012.
• Delhi (207 for five) registered their highest total against Mumbai Indians in the IPL - their second best - the highest is 231 for four against Punjab at Delhi on April 23, 2011.
• Sehwag has recorded three half-centuries in succession in the IPL for the first time.
• Sehwag has totalled 1693 runs at an average of 31.35 in 58 matches in the IPL. His aggregate includes one century and 12 fifties.
• Sehwag`s match-winning 73 off 39 balls is his highest against Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
• Sehwag`s knock is the highest individual innings for Delhi against Mumbai in the IPL.
• Three half-centuries have been registered in the same innings for the first time - the tenth instance when four fifties have been registered in an IPL match.
• Robin Peterson (3/37) produced his best bowling figures for Mumbai in the IPL.
• Dinesh Karthik and Ambati Rayudu have shared a stand of 96 for the fourth wicket - Mumbai`s highest for any wicket against Delhi in the IPL.