IPL 2012: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Mumbai Indians – Statistical highlights
Kolkata : Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians on Saturday.
• Rohit has got his seventh Man of the Match award in Twenty20 for playing an outstanding knock - his fifth in the IPL.
• Sharma (109 not out off 60 balls) has registered his maiden century in the IPL - his career-best innings in Twenty20
• The aforesaid hundred is his second in Twenty20.
• In the course of his above innings, Sharma has completed 3000 runs in Twenty20, totalling 3002 at an average of 32.63 in 120 matches.
• Sharma became the first Mumbai batsman to manage 400 runs in the IPL - 402 (ave.36.54) in 13 matches, including a century and three fifties.
• Sharma`s unbeaten 109 is the second highest score against Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL, next only to Mahela Jayawardene`s unbeaten 110 off 59 balls for Punjab at Kolkata on April 4, 2010.
• Herschelle Gibbs (66 not out) has played a superb innings, registering his sixth fifty in the IPL - his highest is unbeaten 69 against Chennai at Kingsmead, Durban on April 27, 2009.
• Gibbs` aforesaid knock is his highest against Kolkata in the IPL, bettering the 50 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on April 1, 2010.
• Herschelle Gibbs and Rohit Sharma were associated in an unbroken partnership of 167 for the second wicket - Mumbai`s highest for any wicket in the IPL.
• The stand is the third best for any wicket in the IPL, behind the 206 for the second wicket between Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh for Punjab against Bangalore at Dharamsala on May 17, 2011 and 189 (unbroken) for the second wicket between David Warner and Naman Ojha for Delhi Daredevils against Deccan Chargers at Hyderabad on May 10, 2012.
• Jacques Kallis (79 off 60 balls) has recorded his 15th fifty in the IPL - his first in the present tournament - his 25th fifty in Twenty20.
• Kallis became the leading run-getter against Mumbai Indians in the IPL, totalling 342 at an average of 48.85 in nine matches, including four fifties.
• Kallis` magnificent innings is the highest by a Kolkata batsman against Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
• Chris Gayle (572), Ajinkya Rahane (480), Virender Sehwag (472), Shikhar Dhawan (467), Gautam Gambhir (457), Cameron White (410) and Rohit Sharma (410) are the top run-scorers in the present competition.
• Pragyan Ojha, with Bisla`s wicket, has completed his 100 wickets at 19.60 runs apiece in 81 matches in Twenty20.
• Sunil Narine (15 at 14.60) and Jacques Kallis (10 at28.80) are the top wicket-takers for Kolkata Knight Riders in the present edition.
• Yusuf Pathan (40 not out) has recorded his highest innings in the IPL 5.
• Mumbai Indians (182/1) have posted their second highest total against Kolkata. Next only to the 187 for six at Port Elizabeth on April 27, 2009.
• Rohit Sharma has become the third batsman to post a hundred for Mumbai in the IPL. Sanath Jayasuriya (114 not out against Chennai at Mumbai on May 14, 2008) and Sachin Tendulkar (100 not out against Kochi at Mumbai on April 15, 2011) were the first to accomplish the feat.
• Rohit is the first player to register four innings of fifty-plus for Mumbai Indians in the IPL 5.
• Rohit has totalled 1944 runs at an average of 32.40 in 74 matches in the IPL, including a hundred and 14 fifties. He is third in the list after Suresh Raina (2101) and Sachin Tendulkar (1951).
• Jacques Kallis (15 fifties) Virender Sehwag (1 century + 14 fifties), Gautam Gambhir (15 fifties) and Rohit Sharma (15 fifties) are the four batsmen to have recorded 15 innings of fifty or more.
• Gautam Gambhir has registered his fifth duck in the IPL - his second in the present tournament and the eighth in Twenty20.