Statistical highlights: Chennai vs Delhi
Chennai: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League Qualifier II between Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Daredevils, here on Friday.
Also Read: Men behind KKR’s successful journey this year…» I Trump cards for CSK in the final» I Last three standing » I Sunil Narine: Kolkata’s mystery man» I IPL 5 in Pics » I IPL Controversies » I Two matches, two new heroes » I IPL Centurions » I Top performers of IPL 5 » I How Gambhir can stop CSK juggernaut» I Why is Gautam ‘Gambhir’ about winning IPL 5?»
• Chennai Super Kings`s 86-run victory is their second biggest by runs margin in the IPL, behind the 92-run victory against Bangalore at Port Elizabeth on April 20, 2009.
• CSK have won six and lost four out of 10 contested against Delhi in the IPL - success % 60.00.
• Delhi Daredevils have lost two matches in a row for the first time in the IPL 5 - by 18 runs to Kolkata on May 22 and by 86 runs to Chennai on May 25.
• With their brilliant win, Chennai have reached into the finals for the third year in succession - their fourth in five IPL seasons.
• Varun Aaron (4-0-63-2) has set an unwanted record in the history of the IPL with his expensive bowling figures.
• Chennai`s total of 222 for five is the highest by any team in the IPL 2012. The total is the highest by any team against Delhi in the IPL. Chennai`s total is their third highest in the IPL. Their 246 for five against Rajasthan at Chennai in 2010 is the highest by any team in the IPL.
• Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma, with 42 catches as fielders share an IPL record for most catches.
• Dwayne Bravo`s superb batting average of 46.37 is the highest by a Chennai batsman in the IPL 5
• Umesh Yadav took his wicket-aggregate to 19 at an average of 23. 84 in 17 matches - the second highest for Delhi in the IPL 5, behind Morne Morkel`s 25 (ave.18. 12) in 16 games.
• 16 runs outs were effected by Delhi Daredevils - the most by a team in the IPL 5.
Mahela Jayawardene is the third Delhi batsman to make 300 runs or more in the IPL 2012, aggregating 335 at an average of 27. 91 in 16 matches.
• Jayawardene`s eighth half-century in the IPL is his third in the present competition.
• Virender Sehwag (495), Mahela Jayawardene (335) and Kevin Pietersen (305) are the top run-scorers for Delhi in the IPL 2012.
• Murali Vijay has become the second player to post a hundred against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL. Chris Gayle was the first to record the feat - 128 not out for Bangalore at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi on May 17, 2012.
• Vijay is the fourth batsman to register two hundreds in the IPL, joining Adam Gilchrist, David Warner and Chris Gayle.
• Vijay has become the first Indian batsman to record two centuries in the IPL - 127 against Rajasthan on April 3, 2010 and 113 against Delhi on May 25, 2012 - both at Chepauk, Chennai.
• During the course of his hundred, Vijay completed his 2000 runs in Twenty20, aggregating 2058 (ave.26.38) in 83 matches, including two hundreds and ten fifties.
• Vijay has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the fifth time in the IPL.
• Vijay and Raina were involved in a stand of 69 for the second wicket - Chennai`s highest against Delhi in the IPL.
• 77 dot balls were recorded in the match - 33 by Chennai and 44 by Delhi.