Statistical highlights: Chennai vs Kolkata
Chennai: Statistical highlights of the final match of the Indian Premier League between Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders here.
• Suresh Raina is the first player to manage 400 runs or more in each of the five IPL tournaments.
• Raina, playing in his last innings of the IPL 5, took his aggregate to 441 (ave.25.94) in 19 matches and became the highest run-getter for Chennai in the IPL 5.
• Raina (441), Plessis (398), Bravo (371), Dhoni (357) and Vijay (336) were the leading run-getters in the IPL 5.
• Raina has extended his aggregate to 2254 (ave.33.64) in 81 matches -- the highest in the history of the IPL.
• Manvinder Bisla`s superb 89 off 48 balls is the highest by a Kolkata batsman against Chennai in the IPL.
• Bisla has got his first Man of the Match award in the IPL.
• Bisla`s innings is his highest score in Twenty20 -- his fourth fifty in this format.
• Bisla`s innings is his second fifty in the IPL -- his first was 75 against Bangalore at Bangalore on March 16, 2010.
• Jacques Kallis (69 off 49 balls) has batted quite well to post his second fifty in the competition -- his 16th fifty in the IPL overall.
• With 16 fifties each, Kallis and Gambhir now share an IPL record for the most half-centuries.
• Kolkata Knight Riders, under the dynamic captaincy of Gautam Gambhir, have lifted the IPL Trophy for the first time in five years.
• Kolkata`s well-deserved win by 5 wickets is the largest by wickets` margin in an IPL final.
• Kolkata have won four and lost six out of ten contested against Chennai in the IPL -- success % 40.00.
• Kolkata (192 for five) have recorded their highest total against Chennai in the IPL, bettering the 189 for three at Centurion on May 18, 2009.
• Chennai (190/3) have recorded their highest total against Kolkata in the IPL, bettering the 188 for three at Centurion on May 18, 2009.
• Kolkata (192 for five) have recorded the highest successful chase in an IPL Final, outstripping the 164 for seven by Rajasthan Royals against Chennai at Mumbai on June 1, 2008.
• Kolkata Knight Riders` above total is the second highest in a Grand Final of the IPL -- the best is 205 for five by Chennai against Bangalore at Chepauk, Chennai on May 28, 2011.
• Kolkata`s last night total is their highest in the IPL 5, surpassing the 190 for four against Bangalore at Kolkata on April 28.
• Kallis and Bisla were associated in a stand of 136 for the second wicket -- Kolkata`s highest for any wicket against Chennai in the IPL.
• The above stand is Kolkata`s second highest for any wicket in the IPL, behind the 152 (unbroken) between Kallis and Gambhir for the second wicket against Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur on April 15, 2011.
• The partnership is the highest for the second wicket in an IPL final.
• Michael Hussey is the first batsman to register a fifty on his birthday in the IPL.
• Hussey`s superb 54 off 43 balls is his second fifty in the IPL 2012 -- his sixth fifty overall in the IPL.
• Sunil Narine, thanks to his strike rate, economy rate and the bowling average, was an obvious choice for the Player of the Tournament for capturing 24 wickets at 13.50 in 15 matches.
• Narine has become the first bowler to bag 20 wickets or more for Kolkata in an IPL competition.