New Delhi: Statistical highlights of the IPL match between Delhi Daredevils and Pune Warriors on Saturday.
• Alfonso Thomas (3/22) produced his best bowling performance in the IPL.
• Thomas`s tally of 159 wickets at an average of 20.32 in 135 matches in Twenty20 is the second highest, next only to Dirk Nannes - 178 at an average of 20.77 in 142 games.
• Kevin Pietersen has aggregated 187 runs at an average of 93.50 in four matches - the highest tally by a Delhi Daredevils batsman in the present tournament.
• Pietersen has registered 14 sixes - the highest by a Delhi batsman in the present competition.
• Jesse Ryder (86 off 58 balls) recorded the highest individual innings for Pune Warriors in the IPL. The previous best also stood in his name - 73 not out off 56 balls against Chennai Super Kings at Pune on April 14, 2012.
• Ryder has become the first batsman to make 500 runs for Pune in the IPL, aggregating 509 at an average of 28.27 in 19 matches, including four fifties.
• With 217 runs at an average of 43.40 in six games, Ryder is the leading run-getter for Pune Warriors. The next highest is Steven Smith (194 at 38.80 in seven matches).
• Pune Warriors, Delhi Daredevils, Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings are the four teams to have won four games each in the present tournament.
• Pune Warriors` 20-run triumph is their first in three matches against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
• Sourav Ganguly (41 off 35 balls) recorded his highest score for Pune Warriors in the IPL.
• Ganguly got his sixth Man of the Match award in Twenty20 for registering his best all-round performance for Pune Warriors in the IPL.
• Morne Morkel became the first bowler to take 15 wickets (ave.10.80) in six matches in the IPL 5.
• Virender Sehwag (57 off 32 balls) posted his first fifty in the present tournament - his tenth in the IPL.
• Sehwag became the eighth batsman to manage 1500 runs or more in the IPL -- 1533 at an average of 28.92 in 56 matches.
• Pune Warriors (192 for three) have registered their highest ever total in the IPL, eclipsing the 187 for five against Delhi Daredevils at Mumbai on April 17, 2011.
• Pune Warriors` score is the highest by any team against Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2012.
• Sehwag and Pietersen put on 75 for the second wicket - Delhi`s highest against Pune in the IPL.
First Published: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 09:33