IPL 5: After RCB, Deccan Chargers at fault over payment
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After the players of the Royals Challengers Bangalore, it’s now the turn of Deccan Chargers’ cricketers to complain against their franchise over the non-payment of IPL money.
It was learnt that South African players like Dale Steyn, JP Duminy and Juan Theron are yet to get full fees and only received part payment.
Not only the foreign recruits, many local players have also not received the full payment of the IPL money. Once source says that the local players are the worst hit by the non-payment of both the franchises-Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Earlier a few days back, some of Royal Challengers Bangalore`s leading players contracted to the franchise had complained that they were yet to get the first installments of their fees for playing in the last edition of the Indian Premier League.
The list, that includes both Indian and overseas stars, also figured skipper AB de Villiers, Daniel Vettori`s name.
Australia all-rounder Andrew McDonald was believed to be another player who has not been paid, along with some members of the support staff.
Though it was for the first time that RCB have delayed on payments on this scale, the affected players were concerned by the lack of response from franchise officials.
Royal Challengers Bangalore are owned by businessman Vijay Mallya through UB Sports Pvt Ltd, a group subsidiary.
The players affected include those from India, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
"Nobody has come back to us, to let us know what is going on. The people, at the moment, are in the dark," a player had been quoted as saying.
According to the agreement signed between the player, the franchise and the IPL, the player receives 15% of his fee for the season by April 1 (before the IPL or early into it), 50% by May 1 (during the IPL or towards its end), 20% after the Champions League T20 and the remaining 15% by December 1.
The Royal Challengers and Deccan Chargers so far seem to have failed to meet the schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Virtual Classrooms supplement nursing education in Bihar
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?
- Sensex recovers 54 points in early trade on corporate earnings