IPL 6: Sachin Tendulkar set to return as Mumbai Indians’ skipper
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar is likely to be re-instated as the skipper of Mumbai Indians for IPL 6.
As per reports, the Little Master will replace Harbhajan Singh as the skipper, as the latter is likely to quit the captaincy to concentrate and improve his bowling.
The 39-year-old led the Mumbai franchise for the first three seasons and later handed over the captaincy to Bhajji in 2011. It was in the same year that Harbhajan led his team to victory in the Champions League T20 and was retained as the skipper for the fifth edition as well.
In order to strengthen their team management, Mumbai Indians earlier roped in Anil Kumble as the chief mentor and John Wright as head coach.
Mumbai Indians’ best performance in IPL was when they reached the final of IPL in 2010 under Tendulkar’s captaincy.
IPL 6 is scheduled to kick off on April 3, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video