IPL 6: Sachin Tendulkar set to return as Mumbai Indians’ skipper
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar is likely to be re-instated as the skipper of Mumbai Indians for IPL 6.
As per reports, the Little Master will replace Harbhajan Singh as the skipper, as the latter is likely to quit the captaincy to concentrate and improve his bowling.
The 39-year-old led the Mumbai franchise for the first three seasons and later handed over the captaincy to Bhajji in 2011. It was in the same year that Harbhajan led his team to victory in the Champions League T20 and was retained as the skipper for the fifth edition as well.
In order to strengthen their team management, Mumbai Indians earlier roped in Anil Kumble as the chief mentor and John Wright as head coach.
Mumbai Indians’ best performance in IPL was when they reached the final of IPL in 2010 under Tendulkar’s captaincy.
IPL 6 is scheduled to kick off on April 3, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital