IPL 6: Sachin Tendulkar set to return as Mumbai Indians’ skipper
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar is likely to be re-instated as the skipper of Mumbai Indians for IPL 6.
As per reports, the Little Master will replace Harbhajan Singh as the skipper, as the latter is likely to quit the captaincy to concentrate and improve his bowling.
The 39-year-old led the Mumbai franchise for the first three seasons and later handed over the captaincy to Bhajji in 2011. It was in the same year that Harbhajan led his team to victory in the Champions League T20 and was retained as the skipper for the fifth edition as well.
In order to strengthen their team management, Mumbai Indians earlier roped in Anil Kumble as the chief mentor and John Wright as head coach.
Mumbai Indians’ best performance in IPL was when they reached the final of IPL in 2010 under Tendulkar’s captaincy.
IPL 6 is scheduled to kick off on April 3, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says