IPL 6: Sachin Tendulkar set to return as Mumbai Indians’ skipper
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar is likely to be re-instated as the skipper of Mumbai Indians for IPL 6.
As per reports, the Little Master will replace Harbhajan Singh as the skipper, as the latter is likely to quit the captaincy to concentrate and improve his bowling.
The 39-year-old led the Mumbai franchise for the first three seasons and later handed over the captaincy to Bhajji in 2011. It was in the same year that Harbhajan led his team to victory in the Champions League T20 and was retained as the skipper for the fifth edition as well.
In order to strengthen their team management, Mumbai Indians earlier roped in Anil Kumble as the chief mentor and John Wright as head coach.
Mumbai Indians’ best performance in IPL was when they reached the final of IPL in 2010 under Tendulkar’s captaincy.
IPL 6 is scheduled to kick off on April 3, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi