IPL 2014: Have Kings XI Punjab hit the jackpot with best bargains?
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: After the first session of IPL auctions ended here, Kings XI Punjab – who are yet to win an IPL tournament, have already become a force to reckon with.
Team co-owners played their card wisely in the auction hall, and were able to include players like Mitchell Johnson, Virender Sehwag.
They went on close to purchase star-player Kevin Pietersen for Rs nine crore, before Daredevils fouled their bid and retained Pietersen, using their Right to Match card.
Kings XI Punjab also signed Australia T20 captain George Bailey for a mere Rs 3.25 crore. The right-hander has been in phenomenal form in both T20 and ODIs.
Punjab also retained lethal Shaun Marsh in the team.
The Team ended sixth in the IPL 2013.
Now, with players like Bailey, Marsh, Sehwag, Perera and Johnson in the side, King`s XI Punjab can hope to improve their performance in the seventh edition of the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof