IPL 2014: Have Kings XI Punjab hit the jackpot with best bargains?
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: After the first session of IPL auctions ended here, Kings XI Punjab – who are yet to win an IPL tournament, have already become a force to reckon with.
Team co-owners played their card wisely in the auction hall, and were able to include players like Mitchell Johnson, Virender Sehwag.
They went on close to purchase star-player Kevin Pietersen for Rs nine crore, before Daredevils fouled their bid and retained Pietersen, using their Right to Match card.
Kings XI Punjab also signed Australia T20 captain George Bailey for a mere Rs 3.25 crore. The right-hander has been in phenomenal form in both T20 and ODIs.
Punjab also retained lethal Shaun Marsh in the team.
The Team ended sixth in the IPL 2013.
Now, with players like Bailey, Marsh, Sehwag, Perera and Johnson in the side, King`s XI Punjab can hope to improve their performance in the seventh edition of the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley