IPL 2014: Have Kings XI Punjab hit the jackpot with best bargains?
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: After the first session of IPL auctions ended here, Kings XI Punjab – who are yet to win an IPL tournament, have already become a force to reckon with.
Team co-owners played their card wisely in the auction hall, and were able to include players like Mitchell Johnson, Virender Sehwag.
They went on close to purchase star-player Kevin Pietersen for Rs nine crore, before Daredevils fouled their bid and retained Pietersen, using their Right to Match card.
Kings XI Punjab also signed Australia T20 captain George Bailey for a mere Rs 3.25 crore. The right-hander has been in phenomenal form in both T20 and ODIs.
Punjab also retained lethal Shaun Marsh in the team.
The Team ended sixth in the IPL 2013.
Now, with players like Bailey, Marsh, Sehwag, Perera and Johnson in the side, King`s XI Punjab can hope to improve their performance in the seventh edition of the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi