IPL 2014: Have Kings XI Punjab hit the jackpot with best bargains?
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: After the first session of IPL auctions ended here, Kings XI Punjab – who are yet to win an IPL tournament, have already become a force to reckon with.
Team co-owners played their card wisely in the auction hall, and were able to include players like Mitchell Johnson, Virender Sehwag.
They went on close to purchase star-player Kevin Pietersen for Rs nine crore, before Daredevils fouled their bid and retained Pietersen, using their Right to Match card.
Kings XI Punjab also signed Australia T20 captain George Bailey for a mere Rs 3.25 crore. The right-hander has been in phenomenal form in both T20 and ODIs.
Punjab also retained lethal Shaun Marsh in the team.
The Team ended sixth in the IPL 2013.
Now, with players like Bailey, Marsh, Sehwag, Perera and Johnson in the side, King`s XI Punjab can hope to improve their performance in the seventh edition of the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!