IPL 2014: Have Kings XI Punjab hit the jackpot with best bargains?
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: After the first session of IPL auctions ended here, Kings XI Punjab – who are yet to win an IPL tournament, have already become a force to reckon with.
Team co-owners played their card wisely in the auction hall, and were able to include players like Mitchell Johnson, Virender Sehwag.
They went on close to purchase star-player Kevin Pietersen for Rs nine crore, before Daredevils fouled their bid and retained Pietersen, using their Right to Match card.
Kings XI Punjab also signed Australia T20 captain George Bailey for a mere Rs 3.25 crore. The right-hander has been in phenomenal form in both T20 and ODIs.
Punjab also retained lethal Shaun Marsh in the team.
The Team ended sixth in the IPL 2013.
Now, with players like Bailey, Marsh, Sehwag, Perera and Johnson in the side, King`s XI Punjab can hope to improve their performance in the seventh edition of the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional