IPL 7 auction: Who bought whom?
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: The IPL 7 auction is underway and by the end of the first session on Wednesday, some deals have already raised eye-brows.
Yuvraj Singh was the most-expensive player sold at a whopping price of Rs 14 crore to the Royal Challengers Bangalore. Another expensive purchase was done by Delhi Daredevils who bought Dinesh Karthik at Rs 12.5 crore.
Discarded England batsman Kevin Pietersen was signed by Delhi Daredevils at Rs 9 crore, while David Warner was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad at Rs 5.5 crore.
Cheteshwar Pujara, was sold at meagre Rs 1.9 crore to Kings XI Punjab. Punjab also got Mitchell Johnson, at Rs 6.50 crore.
Among the fast bowlers, Mohammad Shami was sold to Delhi Daredevils at Rs 4.25 crore while Bhuvneshwar Kumar too was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad at Rs 4.25 crore. Mitchell Starc`s deal cost RCB Rs 5 crore.
Zaheer Khan was sold to Mumbai Indians at Rs 2.60 crore. Yusuf Pathan was retained by KKR at Rs 3.25 crore while Irfan Pathan was sold at Rs 2.40 crore to Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Muttiah Muralitharan, was bought by RCB at Rs 1 crore while South African all-rounder Albie Morkel, was sold at Rs 2.40 crore to RCB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat