IPL 7: With balanced squad, Sunrisers Hyderabad look for their second title
Zee Media Bureau/Jayanta Oinam
New Delhi: Following the high-profile auction for the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League, now it`s time to measure the team-strength. Considering the huge amount of money spent during the auction, it`s certain that most of the franchises must have assembled their preferred teams.
However, some franchises returned more happier than others. Sunrisers Hyderabad is one such franchise. In the Bangalore auction, as many as 154 players, including 50 overseas players were sold. But not all of them can be labelled match-winners like David Warner or Dale Steyn.
The Hyderabad-based franchise bought 22 players during the two-day auction, having already retained Shikhar Dhawan and Dale Steyn. Of these 22 new players, David Warner, Brendan Taylor, Moises Henriques, Aaron Finch, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma and Darren Sammy are already established names.
Building the team around these experienced players, this well-balanced squad may well produce the giant killing act to win the tournament. The Hyderabad team, albeit in a different name – Deccan Chargers, won the second edition of the tournament in South Africa. But, in the subsequent editions, the team has failed to pose any real threat to the likes of Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians.
This time, with majority of the matches expected to be played in South Africa, the franchise will hope for a repeat of 2009, wherein the Chargers got the better of Royal Challengers Bangalore at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg to win their maiden IPL title.
And, who else can lead that challenge better than the South African fast bowler Dale Steyn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?