IPL auction, Day 2: Ranji stars rewarded for hard work
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: As the first day witnessed some of the star players signing multi-crore deals, the second-day too saw some unexpected bidding for uncapped players who went up for grabs at the IPL auction which resumed in Bangalore`s ITC Gardenia Hotel here on Thursday.
If Yuvraj Singh was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for massive sum of Rs 14 crore and Dinesh Karthik by Delhi Daredevils at more than Rs 12 crore, the second-day of the auction belonged to Karn Vinod Sharma.
The Meerut-born leg-break bowler, who had a base price of meagre Rs 30 lakh, was sold at Rs 3.75 crore to the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Players like Kedhar Jadhav and Rishi Dhawan too went above a crore mark. Jadhav in an aggressive bidding both by Sunrisers and Daredevils, was retained by the latter through Right-to-Match option at Rs 2 crore.
Jadhav was rewarded for his brilliant performance in Ranji Trophy. He was a top-scorer in this season of Ranji. He has ten first-class hundreds to his name.
Another domestic-star, Rishi Dhawan, initially sold to Sunrisers , inked three-crore deal with Kings XI Punjab in a fierce bidding, with Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers and Daredevils staking claim on him during the auction.
The 22-year-old Himachal Pradesh all-rounder was a top-wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy this season.
Others like Rajat Bhatia and Manish Pandey went for Rs 1.7 crore each to Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata respectively, Jammu & Kashmir spinner Parvez Rasool was sold at 95 lakh to Sunrisers while Gurkeerat Singh was included in Punjab for Rs 1.30 crore. Aditya Tare was acquired by Mumbai at Rs 1.60 crore.
Unmukt Chand and the 42-year Pravin Tambe made it to the Rajasthan team for Rs 65 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says