IPL auction, Day 2: Ranji stars rewarded for hard work
Zee Media Bureau/Yogesh Pandey
Bangalore: As the first day witnessed some of the star players signing multi-crore deals, the second-day too saw some unexpected bidding for uncapped players who went up for grabs at the IPL auction which resumed in Bangalore`s ITC Gardenia Hotel here on Thursday.
If Yuvraj Singh was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for massive sum of Rs 14 crore and Dinesh Karthik by Delhi Daredevils at more than Rs 12 crore, the second-day of the auction belonged to Karn Vinod Sharma.
The Meerut-born leg-break bowler, who had a base price of meagre Rs 30 lakh, was sold at Rs 3.75 crore to the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Players like Kedhar Jadhav and Rishi Dhawan too went above a crore mark. Jadhav in an aggressive bidding both by Sunrisers and Daredevils, was retained by the latter through Right-to-Match option at Rs 2 crore.
Jadhav was rewarded for his brilliant performance in Ranji Trophy. He was a top-scorer in this season of Ranji. He has ten first-class hundreds to his name.
Another domestic-star, Rishi Dhawan, initially sold to Sunrisers , inked three-crore deal with Kings XI Punjab in a fierce bidding, with Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers and Daredevils staking claim on him during the auction.
The 22-year-old Himachal Pradesh all-rounder was a top-wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy this season.
Others like Rajat Bhatia and Manish Pandey went for Rs 1.7 crore each to Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata respectively, Jammu & Kashmir spinner Parvez Rasool was sold at 95 lakh to Sunrisers while Gurkeerat Singh was included in Punjab for Rs 1.30 crore. Aditya Tare was acquired by Mumbai at Rs 1.60 crore.
Unmukt Chand and the 42-year Pravin Tambe made it to the Rajasthan team for Rs 65 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?