Madley stands by his decision over Yuvi bidding row
Bangalore: Royal Challengers Bangalore co-owner Vijay Mallya might have filed an official protest over the auction of Yuvraj Singh but IPL auctioneer Richard Madley on Thursday stood by his decision, describing the bid as fair and right decision.
"There are times when I am asked to make decisions which I will always give an opinion I think is fair and in the situation yesterday I made a decision which I will stand by," he told reporters after final day of IPL auctions held here.
"I think I made a right decision. It was a fair decision," said Madley, who has been the auctioneer for all six previous auctions of the Indian Premier League.
Mallya yesterday had lodged an official complaint with the IPL Governing Council, saying his franchise coughed up Rs 4 crore more on buying all-rounder Yuvraj Singh.
Mallya complained that proper procedure was not followed in Yuvraj`s case because the hammer went down at Rs 10 crore and eventually the left-handed batsman was sold for Rs 14 crore to RCB.
English-born Madley, a professional auctioneer from England, said he has come across such situations hundreds of time and it is part and parcel of biddings as big as IPL, which is also followed by fans all over the world.
Madley, who is the President of Christie`s East, a division of arts auction house Christie`s, said he was honoured for being invited to conduct the auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli