Vijay Mallya lodges official complaint over spending extra money on Yuvraj Singh
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) owner Vijay Mallya lodged an official complaint to the IPL Governing Council, saying his franchise spent an additional Rs 4 crore on buying all-rounder Yuvraj Singh on the first day of the IPL 7 auction.
On buying Yuvraj Singh for a whopping Rs 14 crore, Mallya said he was "very happy" to have the flamboyant all-rounder in his team but admitted that it was unfortunate to spend Rs four crore extra on him.
Royal Challengers had almost bought Yuvraj for Rs 10 crore when Kolkata Knight Riders joined in the bidding, and eventually the left-handed batsman was sold for Rs 14 crore to the Bangalore outfit.
However, Mallya, said since the hammer had fell at Rs 10 crore for Yuvraj, that should have been the final bid.
"The hammer did go down at Rs 10 crore. Normally, my understanding is that when the hammer falls down, that`s the final," he said to a leading news channel.
"We have written to the IPL Governing Council regarding this. I am hopeful that they ( IPL GC) will consider the matter," Mallya said.
With Agency inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata