IPL 7: CSK retain Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Raina and Bravo
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The most successful team in the Indian Premier League (IPL) Chennai Super Kings have retained their five players for the seventh edition on Friday. Along with skipper MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Suresh Raina and Dwayne Bravo are the ones who have been retained their places in the side.
But the other big names in the CSK, who have failed to make the cut are Michael Hussey, Albie Morkel and Murali Vijay. Now the only option left for these left-outs to represent the same franchise is by making a back gate entry through the newly introduce `joker`s card` -- a rule which allows each franchise to buy back some of their own players who they don`t retained.
On Thursday, the star-studded RCB franchise also retained three of their strongest players -- Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers. Whereas Rajasthan Royals are expected to retain Shane Watson, James Faulkner, Sanju Samson, Ajinkya Rahane and Stuart Binny for the forthcoming edition of the lucrative cricket league. The auction will take place from Feburary 12 and today is the last date for all the franchisees to confirm the players they like to retain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur