IPL 7 is do-or-die situation for under-fire Sehwag
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Once upon a time, Virender Sehwag gave nightmares to the best of the bowlers across the world. His brutal play was hailed by the experts, and his hand eye coordination was believed to be the best in the business. But over the last few years, the right-hander`s form has been pathetic as a result of which he was dropped from India`s Test squad in February 2013.
Unfortunately, the 35-year-old hasn`t been able to do anything substantial with the bat in domestic cricket as well. In the last 12 innings for Delhi, Viru managed to score just one half-century following which, his IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils too dropped him from their squad that added to his woes. The Daredevils retained none of their players and will go for a fresh bid.
It is sad to see a batsman of Sehwag`s caliber struggle in several formats of the game. But IPL 2014 could be a fresh start for him. Sehwag can silence his critics with some significant knocks in the cash-rich tournament.
At 35, even age isn`t by his side, but the right-hander would want to prove a point with the bat, only if there are any buyers for him in the IPL 7 auction to be held on February 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof